Purdue and non-Purdue students wishing to transfer into the Pre-Landscape Architecture program must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of two semesters and 24 credit hours must have been completed in the students previous major.
- A minimum Grade Point Average of 2.5 must have been achieved at the conclusion of those two semesters, excluding lower grades for any repeated courses.
- Commencement of studies in Prelandscape Architecture is restricted to the fall academic semester only. An academic advisor interview is required. Completion of LA 101 is strongly encouraged but not required prior to initiating a CODO request.
- Application deadline is the end of the spring semester for admission in the following fall.
Students who have completed some portion of their landscape architectural studies at other institutions may be eligible to transfer directly into the Professional Landscape Architecture program. Applicants will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Availability of facilities.
- Evidence of academic credits equivalent to the course content of the Purdue University Prelandscape and Landscape Architecture curriculum and evaluation of grade point average in those courses.
- A portfolio of design and graphic work from courses equivalent to the content of the Purdue University Prelandscape and Landscape Architecture curriculum.
- An essay concerning professional goals.
Transfer students who successfully meet these requirements will be placed accordingly in either the fall or spring semester of the second or third year of study, based on an audit of equivalent landscape architectural coursework completed prior to transfer.