Purdue Agriculture will make the world better through:
- Students who are prepared to make a difference
- Research with purpose leading to discovery with impact
- Engagement that transforms lives and livelihoods
Through leadership and innovation in learning, discovery, and engagement, Purdue Agriculture strives to be at the forefront of sustainable and dynamic agricultural, food, and natural resource systems, helping make a better Indiana, nation, and world.
Students Prepared for a Changing World
Goal: Prepare students for global leadership in food, agriculture, life, and natural resource sciences through exemplary teaching, mentoring, improved broadening experiences, and enhanced partnerships with public and private organizations.
- Improve the college's academic profile by attracting better prepared students and graduating them at higher rates.
- Expect every undergraduate student to participate in at least one transformational learning experience prior to graduation.
- Increase the number, diversity, and professional preparation of graduate students.
- Develop and promote excellence in teaching.
- Enhance advising and develop key corporate and public partnerships to improve student success and networking with industry, public sector, and academic professionals.
Our College: Who We Are and How We Work
Goal: Strengthen a community and a climate where diverse and unique contributions, talents, and skills of faculty, staff, and students are acknowledged, valued, respected, and rewarded, and where service for the good of the College is valued and excellence in discovery, learning, engagement, and their integration is pursued.
- Understand and promote diversity within the College of Agriculture.
- Recruit and retain a diverse group of faculty, staff, and students.
- Enhance Purdue Agriculture's climate as a welcoming and inclusive community.
- Create and promote a statement of ideals of citizenship in Purdue Agriculture to be aspired to by all faculty, staff, and students.