Saturday, February 6, 2010
Toyota Blue Ribbon Pavilion
Indiana State Fairgrounds
Advance Sales Only
Special Guest Speakers
Dr. Phil Nelson and Dr. Gebisa Ejeta
World Food Prize Laureates
Discussion Facilitator: Max Armstrong,
Director of Broadcasting, Farm Progress Companies
Purdue University is the only institution to ever have two recipients of the World Food Prize, an honor so distinguished it is often referred to as agriculture’s Nobel Prize. Drs. Phil Nelson and Gebisa Ejeta are both graduates of the Purdue College of Agriculture as well as members of our faculty. Nelson is the Scholle Chair Professor in Food Processing who pioneered aseptic processing of foods that preserve quality and permit storage without refrigeration. Ejeta is Distinguished Professor of Agronomy and has bred sorghum varieties that are resistant to drought and the parasitic weed Striga that have revolutionized the yield potential of the crop in sub-Saharan Africa. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to hear both of them on the same stage, discussing agriculture’s role in meeting the world’s food needs.
- ORDER FORM
- ORDER EARLY! – Until January 4, priority will be given to orders from 2006-09 ticket purchasers, and College of Agriculture alumni, donors and staff. Other orders will be accepted but will not be filled until after January 4. Tickets may still be available after the priority deadline, but orders are processed in the order received, so order early to get the best available seating.
- RESERVED SEATING – All tables are reserved - seat location will be based on date order is received. Seating is at round tables of 10. Persons wanting to sit together should order tickets together.
- PARK WITH EASE! – Purchase an advance parking permit for the lots in front of the Toyota Blue Ribbon Pavilion, or inside the Swine Barn. Order your parking permit when you order your tickets. Cars without advance purchase parking permits will pay $3 to park on the fairgrounds, and will not be guaranteed the location of available parking.
- CHILD CARE – Once again, on-site child care is available. Advance reservations are required; walk-ins cannot be accommodated. See order form for information required, or call the Ag Alumni office by January 22 to make reservations - (765) 494-8593.
- LEAVE THE DRIVING TO US – Round-trip bus transportation is available from West Lafayette. Cost is $8 per person. Reservations are required, and space is limited. Reserve your space when you order your tickets.