Frequently Asked Questions
These are Frequently Asked Questions when considering the Ag Alumni Mentoring Program. If you have any further questions please contact the student program manager Angela Abney, email@example.com.
Why should I participate in the Purdue Ag Alumni mentoring
- Alumni should participate due to the fact that the mentoring
program is grown drastically and we do not want to turn students away. It is
also a way to give back to the current College of Agriculture students.
What is the goal of the Purdue Ag Alumni Mentoring Program?
- The goal of the program is to connect current students with alumni
of the College of Agriculture to students to have access to someone that has
already had experience in the real world.
Who’s going to manage, coordinate, and oversee the program?
- Donya Lester, the Purdue
Ag Alumni Association – Executive Director and the student intern will work
together to coordinate matching Purdue Ag Alumni mentors and College of
Agriculture student mentees.
How does the program work?
- We ask that you fill out
the Mentor Profile for alumni and the Student Profile for students, then you will be placed in our mentor database. At the
beginning of each semester, we pair mentors and mentees up due to your profile
in the database. You will have the right to refuse when we contact you. Just
because you have submitted your profile to us and you are in our database, does
not mean you are obligated to participate in the program
How is the Mentoring program structured?
- We keep the program unstructured so that it can easily fit into a
busy lifestyle. The student manager will be following up with students
regularly. With that said you and your mentee are in total control of what the
program looks like.
What is the time commitment?
- The time commitment for the program is only one semester long and
only requires as much time as you and your mentee want to spend on the program.
How long will the mentoring program last?
- The program will only be a semester long experience.
How many times may an Ag Alumni member participate in the program?
- Ag Alumni may participate as many times as they want in the Purdue
Ag Alumni Mentoring Program.
How will Purdue Ag Alumni pair mentors and mentees?
- The Purdue Ag Alumni and the student manager of the program will
be matching mentors with student mentees. The pairing will be based on major,
interests, career path, and other information.
What tips and guidance should we give to our mentees?
What ongoing support should we make available to mentees?
- Try to communicate with your mentee as often as you both can. The
contact communication can be a mix of phone calls, email, personal meetings if
How many mentees will I have if I am a Mentor?
- As a mentor you will only be paired with one