Marketing Communications Internship – Job ID 6719 BR
LOCATION: Shoreview, MN
DURATION: 12 weeks, mid-May through mid-August
CANDIDATE MAJORS: Ag Marketing, Ag Communications, Ag Sales
The intern will assist marketing and sales staff with the promotion of the CROPLAN GENETICS Seed and AgriSolutions Crop Protection Product brands. Projects will include websites, advertising, direct mail, communications and developing support materials. Will also assist marketing and sales staff with the promotion of the Answer Plot Program (www.answerplot.com).
Candidates should have strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to think creatively and handle multiple projects; and desire to learn and gain marketing experience. Candidates should have a strong interest to work in Agriculture marketing after graduation.
Region Agronomist Trainee – Job ID 7123 BR
LOCATION: Indiana Sales Territory
DURATION: May through August
The Region Agronomist trainee will support regional and local employees in the successful development of Answer Plot field demonstrations and implementation of Answer Plot field days that support and grow the AgriSolutions and Croplan Genetics brands. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Learn and understand the company brands, products and product lines.
- Work with colleagues to prepare displays/plots and present agronomic, product, marketing, and sales information to wholesale and retail customers and growers. Work with regional agronomists. Regional Agronomist is the main presenter but trainee may have a few minutes to present to customers on demonstrations they have conducted. This is to provide them experience with talking to customers.
- Undertake a specific marketing project that requires collection of visual results from Answer Plot demonstrations. Present the information back to LOL employees.
- Follow protocols and apply treatments, evaluate plots, collect and organize data and prepare plots/areas for tours across many locations within the assigned region. May be physically preparing plots, such as putting up proper signs, cosmetic looks, etc.
- Interact and networks with other employees and industry colleagues to learn about and understand the company to prepare for subsequent positions