Summer Seeds Sales Internship
Location: Corn Belt
Objective: Acquaint the Sales Intern to all aspects of Syngenta Seeds in preparation for a FT position as a Sales Representative. Typically the internship will start the week after school adjourns and continue through mid August.
Opportunities and Responsibilities:
¨ Field travel with selected Syngenta Sales Representatives
· Develop sales skills and implement marketing strategies in existing sales territories.
· Observe and learn organizational skills, including sales preparation and time management.
· Understand production practices including product knowledge, and product placement.
· Gain an understanding of the Garst, Golden Harvest and NK business units.
· Understand the Syngenta seeds “Go to Market” strategy.
¨ “Hands on” experiences
· Sales Interns may be temporarily assigned to a sales territory as an assistant Sales Rep.
· Sales Interns may assist in building sales by prospecting for new customers and dealers.
· Interns participate in ongoing training and developmental opportunities “hand in hand” with our sales teams to help them develop their skill sets to their full potential. Each intern will be assigned an individual PROJECT that will be presented at the end of the summer.
¨ Rotation of departmental assignments
· Sales Interns will be acquainted with many areas of Syngenta Seeds including Customer Care, Research & Development, Seed Production & Supply Chain and Marketing; as well as the three Syngenta Seed Business Units (Garst, Golden Harvest and NK).
¨ Candidate has achieved academic excellence in their collegiate studies.
¨ Candidate has demonstrated leadership ability in student organizations and/or work experiences.
¨ Candidate has an understanding of production agriculture and/or seed industry experience
¨ Candidate possesses effective technical writing and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal communications and group presentations.
Interested? Apply Online Today! www.syngentacareers.com