JOB TITLE: Field Manager
LOCATIONS: Three Rivers, Michigan
Cass City, Michigan
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Walther Farms is a premier supplier of the potato industry. We have great pride in our ability to consistently exceed customer expectations in the areas of Yield, Costs, Service and Quality. This is accomplished by having an organization filled with the best talent in the industry embedded in a world class culture driven to provide excellence in everything we do. South West MI is our largest production location and accounts for over 50% of the company’s annual sales. It is a growth area that has a very unique value to the potato industry due to its proximity to the population centers of the United States.
· Provide “hands on” management for South West MI production processes including:
o Pesticide applications
o Fresh and storage crop harvest
· Surveys, analyzes and provides feedback to management on quality of crops.
· Schedules and performs irrigation and fertilizer application to fields.
· Manages planting and harvesting crews and assists in planting and harvesting as needed.
· May perform land procurement duties to secure fields.
· Safely operates and maintains farm equipment.
· Participates in field trials, submits compliance data, records field data.
· Office duties assigned as needed by manager during non growing season.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED:
· High School diploma or GED
· Minimum of 1 year experience in farming and farm equipment repair.
· Able to lead and provide supervision to general labor employees, work in a team environment and possess good communication skills.
· Valid Driver’s License.
· Experience with Microsoft Office product suite.
· Hands on work experience operating and repairing shop and field equipment including irrigation systems preferred.
· Strong business skills with ability to provide direction to the organization
· Demonstrated organizational ability and attention to detail
· Some travel required
· Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to all types of audiences
All qualified candidates please visit our website www.waltherfarms.com to apply online or email your resume to email@example.com or fax to 616.719.5376.