If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, September 23rd
HRAM Investment Analyst Position
HRAM is an agriculture investment firm that provides investment advisory, management, and reporting services to institutional clients. Currently, HRAM focuses on investing in U.S. agricultural real estate. HRAM was established in 2013, and is part of the Halderman Family of companies, which originated in 1930 with Halderman Farm Management Service, Inc.
HRAM is seeking an individual to fill an investment analyst opening. The candidate needs to have an agricultural background, and have a strong quantitative skill set. As an investment analyst, the candidate will be required to take on the following responsibilities:
· Identify high-quality agricultural assets located throughout the United States
· Construct asset valuation models for potential investment opportunities
· Assist in portfolio management and preparation of required reports for clients
· Provide asset management and performance reviews of portfolio holdings, and;
· Perform industry research in order to help identify attractive areas for investment
The candidate must be willing to travel to various locations across the United States at a minimum of once per month in order to review investment opportunities and monitor progress of current holdings.
The ideal candidate will meet the following prerequisites:
· Have a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree with a focus on business, finance or economics by June 2014
· Have a strong understanding of production agriculture
· Have a working knowledge of basic finance and accounting principles for the purpose of authoring written investment proposals
o Basic understanding of GAAP accounting preferred
o Understanding of capital budgeting principals such as internal rates of return (IRR) and net present value (NPV), a must.
· Have a strong desire to further their education in areas such as accounting and finance.
· Be a good communicator who is capable of making sound recommendations to senior management
· Be capable of building long term relationships with partners throughout the agriculture industry.
· Willing to participate in the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers (“ASFMRA”) Accredited Farm Manager program as well as the CFA Institute’s Chartered Financial Analyst (“CFA”) program.