Cargill AgHorizons Accounting Assistant
Cargill Aghorizons serves farm customers with a 1,400 member team in over 100 locations. The business is dedicated to helping farms prosper. Products and services include grain origination and storage, grain marketing resources, agronomic advice, insurance, and crop input products and services.
The Senior Accountant and will be responsible for providing specialized administrative support to finance team and facility operations teams. This position offers a wide variety of monitoring, compliance, and review processes to support our financials.
· 40% Provide accounting support to locations, including reconciliation with 3rd party grain facilities, reconciliation of assigned balance sheets, assist with reconciliation of project closing documents
· 30% Assist Plant Managers with inventory reporting, billing of railcars, barges, vessels, stock reports, bioterrorism reports, and manual ticket spreadsheets
· 20% Reconciliation of VISA purchasing cards, including proper G/L coding and tax accruals, coding of accounts payables for multiple locations including proper tax accruals
· 10% Other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Minimum 2 years experience in a business office environment.
· Demonstrated proficiency in multiple business applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
· Demonstrated ability to accept accountability and to work individually and as part of a team
· Demonstrated high levels of organization, written and verbal communication, and documentation skills
· Motivation and ability to execute projects/tasks in a timely manner, strong prioritization and time management skills
· Proven high level of integrity and work ethic
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and variable workload
· Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures
· Ability to work extended or flexible hours as seasonal workloads require.
· Strong problem identification and resolution skills
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
· Associates or Bachelors degree with focus in Accounting or Business
· Understanding of agriculture practices and challenges