City Madison (anywhere from Madison, WI to Minneapolis, MN)
State/Province Wisconsin [WI]
Country United States [US]
Position Title Agronomic Service Representative - WI
Job ID 4660
Date Added 3/14/2014
Interview Team HRBP :
Hiring Manager :
Role Purpose/Accountabilities Role purpose :
• Partners with sales teams to position solutions on the farm or with our channel
partners by assisting with the development and delivery of Syngenta’s product
and agronomic story in the marketplace.
• Accountable for supporting local sales performance by providing technical sales
support to channel partners and sales representatives.
• Provides localized and targeted product, technology and agronomic
information and advice to DM, Sales Reps, channel partners, customers and
• Promotes Syngenta products at meetings, field days, and one on one.
• Provides guidance and as needed direct involvement in handling service calls.
• Supports and coordinates plot locations and entries in the assigned area,
analyzes and interprets data for promotional use and is the pivot point for
Syngenta story amplification in local areas.
• Geographic Scope: territory within a CU in the US
• Member of the local team, accountable for sales performance by providing
technical support to growers, channel partners and sales representatives.
• Partner with sales teams to position Syngenta on the farm, ‘to, through and
with’ in the case of retail.
• Partner with the grower to maximize their return on investment.
• Provide technical training and coaching to the sales force, channel partners and
• Support new product launches.
• Aid in resolution of grower service calls.
• Coordinate trialling efforts within the local area through the Sales Reps and
• Partner with Sales Reps to plan strategies to effectively compete with
competitor products utilizing working knowledge of those products.
Transition accountabilities :
• Learn and understand all key Syngenta products and solutions for local assigned
area and train sales teams on those products and solutions
• Develop relationship with all key personnel in local area (Crop Expert, Product
Specialist, SR’s, DM, channel partners)
• Coordination of trialing activities (plot location/product mix, training events,
• Support and training for service calls
• Amplification of Syngenta story – product performance messages, Performance
Insight newsletters, blog (as assigned), etc.
Knowledge, Skills &
Critical knowledge :
• MS in Agronomy / related field preferred or BS in Agronomy with a minimum of 3 years’
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Understanding of statistical principals and data analysis
• Significant technical knowledge of product portfolio, product pipeline and product value
• Agronomic theory – knowledge of farming best practices, seed technologies, crop
• Understanding of segmentation strategy and priorities
Critical experience :
• 2-4 years of experience in sales as well as strong technical background
• Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
• Problem solving skills (e.g. ability to diagnose issues with product performance and
• Theoretical / practical sales knowledge (e.g., what to say and do depending on grower,
dealer or retailer needs and unique situation)
• Customer facing skills: manage relationship, build trust, offer support
• Self-management and prioritization skills; balance time across sales reps and accounts in
assigned geographic region.
• Teaching / communication skills: ability to communicate highly technical information to
growers, sales reps and accounts in a manner that is easily understandable
• Excellent computer/analytic skills in Windows including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
Critical leadership capabilities :
Factors & Key
• Exhibited leadership amongst sales team and technical peers
• Actively pursues coaching and training of sales reps, channel partners and other assignees
• Creates professional and successful working environment with Sales Reps, District
Managers and other key Syngenta personnel
• Takes timely and effective action to optimize sales opportunities or challenges
• Have understanding of internal Syngenta systems
• Successful and productive internal and external network
• 20% of work performed in a standard / home office environment
• 80% of work performed in vehicle, at meetings and in field locations with employees, coworkers,
customers and other associates
• Ability to work irregular hours, days, evenings and sometimes weekends
• Ability to travel by car and occasionally plane
• Participate and be recognized as leader in Ag industry and sales
• Proven track record of successfully completing projects
• All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
• Openings available at various locations:
Stevens Point, WI or Plover, WI
Employee may, as part of his/her role and maybe through multifunctional teams,
participates in the creation and design of innovative solutions. In this context, Employee
may contribute to inventions, designs, other work product, including know-how,
copyrights, software, innovations, solutions, and other intellectual assets.
Salary Range - Level
$67,800 - $101,800
Salary Range - Level
$74,600 - $112,000
Salary Range - Level
$90,400 - $135,600
For your viewing, here is the territory we have open:
The “Dealer Channel” reps for the territory would be the blue and green areas of the left map and the “Retail
Channel” reps for the territory would also be the blue and green areas of the right side map: