Search under “Beef Plant – Green Bay, WI” and apply online if interested!
Cattle Procurement Ascending Leadership Program (ALT)
Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
Ascend Leadership Training Program:
We have crafted our Ascend program as an intense rotation-based program that will provide all participants with well-rounded knowledge of our business and a fast-track opportunity for advancement. We are committed to taking high caliber individuals to the height of their potential, thus building a proven and knowledgeable bench for future JBS leadership.
The Ascend program is focused on giving participants the skills they need to read complex situations, set innovative strategies, and execute those strategies with integrity and effectiveness. Participants (ALTs) rotate through several departments and get exposure to many different aspects of the business.
In addition to the Ascend rotation, ALTs participate in coursework intended to deepen their understanding of the business, broaden their appreciation of various leadership styles, and enable them to flex new leadership skills. And to round out the work rotation and classroom learning, ALTs take part in offsite meetings, community involvement, and cross-departmental group projects.
At the end of the Ascend program, successfully graduating ALTs are placed in promotion-focused careers within one of JBS’s many divisions.
· 6 month management-trainee program focus on the area of Cattle Procurement
· Challenging, hands-on work experience in a variety of roles and business units (i.e. Operations, Sales and Marketing, HR, Accounting, Finance, IT)
· Leadership training courses
· Cross-departmental project work
· Exposure to senior management
· networking opportunities with JBS employees
· Upon successful completion of the program, candidates will take on permanent roles in the Cattle Procurement Area
· For current students: Senior or graduate student standing.
· For current professionals: Less than or equal to 3 years of professional experience preferred.
· Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
· A history of interpersonal and leadership skills
· The ability to work in a high-pressure and fast-paced environment
· An interest and background in animal sciences, animal agriculture, food sciences, or a related field preferred.
· Availability to travel and take up residence in other cities, states and/or countries
· Strong critical thinking problem solving, and project management abilities, judgment and initiative.
· Extracurricular activities, internships and academic projects that indicate strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Exceptional communication skills necessary to interact directly with senior managers and clients.
JBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Cattle Buyer Manager (Green Bay, WI)
1330 Lime Kiln Rd. Green Bay, WI 54311