Farm Credit Mid-America
Financial Service Officer Ag Producer 11178 Rensselaer Indiana
The Financial Services Officer (FSO) is a sales position primarily responsible for building relationships with customers in the ag production market segment. The FSO will use his or her knowledge of agriculture and finance to fully understand the customer’s or prospect’s business and personal plans and then market the Farm Credit Mid-America financial services that best meet the needs.
The FSO has the responsibility for originating credit to his/her customers by assessing the request and obtaining business and financial information needed to determine the viability and profitability of the deal. After initially screening for soundness, the FSO submits the information to an analyst, underwriter or scoring system for final decision. The FSO leads the customer relationship and often coordinates with others to serve the customer’s loan, lease, crop insurance and servicing needs.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 10%
1. SALES and RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: The FSO will develop and maintain a significant professional presence throughout the assigned territory. He or she will spend most of the time out of the office to build professional relationships with customers, prospective customers and influencers based on mutual trust and respect. The objective is to understand customer goals, credit strengths and weaknesses, and deliver “value added”/constructive agricultural and financial information that will assist them in their farming businesses.
The FSO is accountable to determine and define the appropriate customer interaction and coordinate the appropriate staff that may directly or indirectly be a part of the relationship to serve the customer’s loan, lease, crop insurance and servicing needs. The FSO also ensures appropriate communication to the customer and to internal team members regarding the customer.
2. DELIVER SOUND CREDIT: As part of the ongoing consultative relationship with our customers, the FSO will interpret and evaluate financial information and ask appropriate follow-up and probing questions to determine the appropriate product or service. The FSO will effectively recommend loan terms, conditions, and collateral position consistent with the request and associated loan risks, and then set clear expectations with the customer.
3. SERVICE PORTFOLIO: To minimize association risk and losses, the FSO will monitor the portfolio to timely identify and service loans that expose the association to risk. Using his/her knowledge of servicing options, the FSO will effectively negotiate and communicate these options to the customer.
4. Represent and Communicate the mission and values of Farm credit
mid-america and abide by its conduct policy, security policy and confidentiality expectations.
5. Assumes additional responsibilities for the betterment of Farm Credit Mid-America.
Education and Experience
This level of Financial Services Officer has demonstrated the capability to be a fully functional in the position. Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business or related field and at least one year experience in sales of financial services or credit analysis or successful completion of the FCMA New FSO Training Program. Extensive knowledge of agricultural industry (personal, professional or educational) is required.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.