AgSEED - Request for Proposals 2019
Purdue University's land grant mission is based on discovery and engagement vital to growth in Indiana agriculture and rural communities. The College of
Agriculture received line item support from the state of Indiana and has established AgSEED, an internal competitive grant program to foster Indiana’s
leadership in plant and animal agriculture and rural growth, especially through entrepreneurial initiatives. Future funding will depend upon legislative
priorities and the impact of this grant program.
The College will be able to support approximately 15-18 grants of $50,000 and a few 2-year grants at $75,000.
This year’s funding will focus on applied research/Extension and basic research that fits within the strategic themes described below with a particular
focus on plant or animal agriculture and rural development.
- Building a sustainable and secure food production system.
- Utilizing molecular approaches to expand the frontiers of agriculture and life sciences (targeted to plant and animal sciences).
- Developing a robust bioeconomy to feed and power the world.
- Enhancing food and health.
- Strengthening ecological and environmental integrity in agricultural landscapes.
- Facilitating informed decision making to improve the economic wellbeing of people, their families, and Indiana's communities.
It is essential that proposals are responsive to this RFP. Proposals that do not fit the goals of this RFP will not be funded.
Download 2019 Cover Page
Download 2019 Request for Proposal