1. What is your hometown? Westfield, IN
(Fun Fact: It's the home of Grand Park)
2. Where did you go to high school? Westfield High School
3. What is your major/concentration? Animal Sciences: Pre-Veterinary Medicine, minors: Psychology and Wildlife Sciences
4. What is your expected graduation date? May 2017
5. Why did you choose Purdue for undergrad? It was the perfect place to be. I'm from Indiana, wanted to go to vet school, and Purdue has the best Animal Sciences program.
6. What are your plans after graduation? Work in Campus Outreach Ministry then pursue a Masters of Social Work and eventually have a career in mental health counseling.
7. What is your 'spirit animal?' Elephant - community driven, loving, and tall (6'1")
8. What is your favorite organization joined at Purdue? Purdue Women's Swim Team and Campus Outreach
9. What is your proudest achievement while at Purdue? Walking on the swim team and surviving.
10. What was your favorite class taken at Purdue? ANSC 230 - Physiology of Domestic Animals with Dr. Rod Allrich
11. What is your favorite Purdue tradition? Singing Hail Purdue! after swim meets
12. What is the best thing about the College of Ag? Dairy Week in the spring - there is free ice cream, grilled cheese sandwiches and a dairy calf on campus.
13. What is the best thing about the Department of Animal Sciences? The faculty and staff are all so helpful and want you to do well, especially Barry Delks and Dr. Allrich.
14. What is the best on-campus study spot? Greyhouse Coffee & Supply Co. (great chai tea lattes!)
15. What is your favorite place in town? Columbian Park Zoo - the otter exhibit and baby goats are the best
16. What is the most important thing you've learned outside of the classroom? Life is about more than your resume - it's important to appreciate the diversity of people in background, way of thinking, etc., as well as to be genuine and understand what real friendship looks like.
17. Where did you study abroad? Summer 2014: studied wildlife management and conservation in Tanzania
18. What internships/research activities have you participated in?
- Fall 2016: conducted wildlife research with Dr. Marisol Sepulveda to examine pollution effects on tadpoles
- Summer 2016: Intern at Companion Animal Medical Center as a vet assistant in Carmel, IN
- Summer 2015: Animal Care Intern at Columbian Park Zoo
19. What is your favorite quote? "I have been crucified in Christ; it is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me. In the life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the son of God who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20
20. What are your hobbies? Exercising, being outside when it's warm, reading, hanging out with friends
21. What advice would you give to incoming students?
College is the most influential time of your life so surround yourself with people who will love you, encourage you, and push you to do the hard things that will make you a better person.
Be present and live in the moment because your time here will go by fast.