21 Questions for Christina Branstetter
1. What is your hometown? New Washington, IN
(Fun Fact: the local high school is one of only a few that still has an FFA program)
2. Where did you go to high school? Branstetter Home School
3. What is your major/concentration? Animal Sciences: Pre-Veterinary Medicine
4. What is your expected graduation date? May 2017
5. Why did you choose Purdue for undergrad? I really liked the ANSC major and department, and my family vet is a Purdue grad.
6. What are your plans after graduation? Attend The Ohio State University Vet School, earn DVM, then own a mixed animal practice (and maybe become an animal chiropractor)
7. What is your 'spirit animal?' Tiger - quiet strength
8. What is your favorite organization joined at Purdue? CRU
9. What is your proudest achievement while at Purdue? Getting accepted to vet school
10. What was your favorite class taken at Purdue? ANSC 181 with Barry Delks - I learned a lot and enjoyed being a Team Facilitator for the course.
11. What is your favorite Purdue tradition? Anything that happens at a Purdue basketball game
12. What is the best thing about the College of Ag? All of the Ag Extension work - I really enjoy educating people through events like Junior Pork Day & Pork Quality Assurance Day
13. What is the best thing about the Department of Animal Sciences? The faculty are amazing - very helpful, supportive, and friendly (everyone says "hi" to each other in the hallway)
14. What is the best on-campus study spot? Windsor - great couches and very quiet
15. What is your favorite place in town? Triple XXX - the Peanut Butter Burger is a go-to
16. What is the most important thing you've learned outside of the classroom? The importance of putting yourself out there - talking to people, making connections, and remembering that people in high positions are still people who you can talk to.
17. Where do you hope to study abroad? I didn't study abroad, but New Zealand is the dream destination
18. What internships/research activities have you participated in?
- Spring-Fall 2016: volunteered in the Gait Analysis Lab - walked dogs and looked at dogs for physical therapy
- Spring 2017-present: Poultry behavior research with Dr. Marisa Erasmus
19. What is your favorite quote? "The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?" -Psalm 27:1
20. What are your hobbies? Hanging out with friends, volunteering at the animal hospital, and walking
21. What advice would you give to incoming students? Find a balance between school and extracurricular activities. School should come first because grades are important, and you can always make time for fun when you have an idea of where you're going and what you're doing.