21 Questions for Harriet Clarke
1. What is your hometown? Seattle, Washington- but (Fun Fact) I was born in London, UK and moved here 11 years ago
2. Where did you go to high school? Redmond High School
3. What is your major/concentration? Animal Sciences-- Pre-Veterinary Medicine
4. What is your expected graduation date? May 2021 (complete BS requirements by May 2020 following the 3+1 Program)
5. Why did you choose Purdue for undergrad? The high achieving agriculture program and the broad music program (that didn’t offer a music major). It allows me to participate in a high achieving band, without competing with people who are trying to make a living out of music.
6. What are your plans after graduation? Vet school—hopefully in Glasgow, Scotland
7. What is your ‘spirit animal?' Cow
8. What is your favorite organization joined at Purdue? Helping Paws
9. What is your proudest achievement while at Purdue? Getting into the Wind Ensemble
10. What has been your favorite class taken at Purdue? Band
11. What is your favorite Purdue tradition? Big Bass Drum
12. What is the best thing about College of Ag? How passionate the faculty are
13. What is the best thing about Department of Animal Sciences? The advising staff and support network-can easily find someone to help you with any issue.
14. What is the best on-campus study spot? The art room in the basement of the Honors College or the Engineering Fountain (when the weather is nice)
15. What is your favorite place in town? Greyhouse Coffee
16. What is the most important thing you’ve learned outside of the classroom? No one really cares what year you are anymore (which is very different, especially from my high school) so don’t be afraid to socialize with the upper class.
17. Where do you hope to study abroad? I hope to go to Romania during Summer 2018.
18. What internships have you had?
19. What is your favorite quote? “Music can name the unnamable and communicate the unknowable” – Leonard Bernstein
- Summer 2016- Worked at two vet clinics in England- one as a surgical intern and the other as a field intern
20. What are your hobbies? Music (listening or playing), art (drawing or painting), travelling
21. What advice would you give to incoming students? Don’t wear headphones ALL the time-it really cuts you off from everyone.