21 Questions for Lauren Lance
1. What is your hometown? Cleveland, OH
2. Where did you go to high school? Kenston High School
3. What is your major and concentration? Animal Sciences - Pre-Veterinary Medicine
4. What is your expected graduation date? May 2020
5. Why did you choose Purdue for undergrad? Wanted to experience a Big10 atmosphere with the best Ag program.
6. What are your plans after graduation? Vet School, then practice large animal medicine
7. What is your 'spirit animal?' Dog
8. What is your favorite organization joined at Purdue? Purdue English Equestrian Team (also a member of Running Club and Pre-Vet Club)
9. What is your proudest achievement while at Purdue? Won the Advanced Walk-Trot Canter at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods Horse Show in October 2016.
10. What has been your favorite class taken at Purdue? ANSC 102: Introduction to Animal Agriculture - learn a lot by taking field trips to farms, etc. every Friday.
11. What is your favorite Purdue tradition? Fountain runs
12. What is the best thing about the College of Ag? There are so many opportunities: study abroad, research, clubs, activities, etc. and Ag is bigger at Purdue than a lot of other schools.
13. What is the best thing about the Department of Animal Sciences? Having a small group of people makes a big school feel much smaller and less overwhelming and it allows students to get to know their professors better.
14. What is the best on-campus study spot? Hicks Library
15. What is your favorite plac ein town? The Celery Bog - great place to run!
16. What is the most important thing you've learned outside of the classroom? It's important to put yourself out there early in the semester - push aside any reservations, step out of your comfort zone, and meet new people.
17. Where do you hope to study abroad? Spring Break 2017 in Ireland on the Agriculture in Ireland trip.
18. What internships have you had? Summer 2016, research assistant working with turtles and snakes at the Cleveland Zoo.
19. What is your favorite quote? "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
20. What are your hobbies? Rubbing and horseback riding
21. What advice would you give to incoming students? Get ahead early so you have a cushion later in the semester - do not dig yourself in a hole.