21 Questions for Meicen (Amy) Liu
1. What is your hometown? Beijing, China
Fun Fact: Beijing is one of the largest cities in the world.)
2. Where did you go to high school? Number 57 Middle School
3. What is your major/concentration? Animal Sciences - Production
4. What is your expected graduation date? December 2017
5. Why did you choose Purdue for undergrad? China Agricultural University has a program linked to Purdue College of Agriculture - I knew Purdue is a great school (and I really liked the colors!)
6. What are your plans after graduation? Attend graduate school to study Animal Science with a focus on poultry nutrition/management research and extension
7. What is your 'spirit animal?' Chicken
8. What is your favorite organization joined at Purdue? Issues 360 - I got to know several others that are also passionate about agriculture.
9. What is your proudest achievement at Purdue? Getting to participate in undergraduate research in Dr. Paul Ebner's lab
10. What was your favorite class taken at Purdue? AGR 201 - Communicating Across Culture
11. What is your favorite Purdue tradition? SpringFest
12. What is the best thing about the College of Ag? Purdue Extension Program - their articles were very helpful for projects in Issues 360; Midwest Poultry Consortium
13. What is the best thing about the Department of Animal Sciences? Undergraduate Research Opportunities
14. What is the best on-campus study spot? Stewart Center
15. What is your favorite place in town? India Market
16. What is the most important thing you've learned outside of the classroom? How to communicate with people with different backgrounds
17. Where did you study abroad and where do you hope to go next? I'm studying abroad at Purdue! I would love to see Japan or Taiwan agriculture and their extension programs.
18. What internships/research experiences have you had?
19. What is your favorite quote?
- Fall 2016 - December 2017: Phage therapy research in Dr. Ebner's lab & TA for BIOL 110/111 labs
- Summer 2017: Intern at Egg innovations (Midwest Poultry Consortium)
- Fall 2016 - Spring 2017: Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory
- Summer 2016: Wildcat Creek Wildlife Center
- Summer 2015: Woai Woai Animal Clinic in China
"Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing." - Pelé
20. What are your hobbies? Biology manga, and listening to music - especially Country
21. What advice would you give to incoming students? International Students - go to the Purdue Writing Lab!