21 Questions for Brooke Siefert
1. What is your hometown? Batesville, IN
Fun Fact: We're known for caskets (Batesville Casket Company)
2. Where did you go to high school? Oldenburg Academy
3. What is your major/concentration? Animal Sciences - Biosciences
4. What is your expected graduation date? May 2019
5. Why did you choose Purdue for undergrad? I came here on a campus visit when I was a sophomore in high school and I fell in love with the place.
6. What are your plans after graduation? I want to go to graduate school for Youth Development and Ag Education with a focus on extension
7. What is your 'spirit animal?' A dolphin
8. What is your favorite organization joined at Purdue? Animal Sciences Ambassadors
9. What is your proudest achievement at Purdue? Maintaining a 4.0 GPA each semester while balancing involvement in clubs and organizations
10. What was your favorite class taken at Purdue? ANSC 23000-Physiology of Domestic Animals with Dr. Ryan Cabot
11. What is your favorite Purdue tradition? Paint Crew at Purdue Basketball Games and Den Pops
12. What is the best thing about the College of Ag? The family atmosphere where everyone is really inclusive and embraces your passions.
13. What is the best thing about the Department of Animal Sciences? The willingness of professors to help their students succeed
14. What is the best on-campus study spot? 2nd floor lounge in Creighton Hall of Animal Sciences
15. What is your favorite place in town? Olive Garden
16. What is the most important thing you've learned outside of the classroom? Industry professionals are just like us - they were students once and are personable - I've learned to not be afraid to use them as resources because they are really valuable.
17. Where do you hope to study abroad? I hope to go on Agriculture in Ireland study abroad during Spring Break 2019
18. What internships/research experiences have you had?
19. What is your favorite quote?
- May 2017-Present: Phage therapy research focusing on food safety and animal health in Dr. Paul Ebner's lab
- Summer 2016: Program Assistant with Purdue Extension in Ripley County
"Whatever you are, be a good one." - Abraham Lincoln
20. What are your hobbies? Volunteering with 4-H programs, help with family greenhouse business
21. What advice would you give to incoming students? Get involved and don't be afraid to reach out and get to know the people in your department because they will be a very valuable resource throughout your college career.