21 Questions for Carley VanNorman
1. What is your hometown? Deckerville, MI
Fun Fact: I graduated with ~ 45 students
2. Where did you go
to high school? Deckerville
3. What is your
major/concentration? Animal Sciences--Production
4. What is your expected
graduation date? May 2021
5. Why did you choose Purdue
for undergrad? I got scholarships and really
liked the campus- it felt like home.
6. What are your plans after
graduation? I hope to find a job in
Michigan in swine nutrition/production.
7. What is your ‘spirit
they can be really easygoing or really stubborn.
8. What is your favorite
organization joined at Purdue? Block
9. What is your proudest
achievement while at Purdue?
My English professor liked one of
my essays so much she asked to use it as an example for future classes.
10. What has been your favorite
class taken at Purdue? ENTM 20600-
General Entomology with Dr. Christian Oseto
11. What is your favorite
Purdue tradition? Fountain runs
12. What is the best thing
about College of Ag? They treat
you like a person instead of a number.
13. What is the best thing
about Department of Animal Sciences? The
faculty and staff want to go the extra mile to help you with whatever you need.
14. What is the best on-campus
study spot? Loeb Fountain (when it’s nice
out) or in Windsor Hall
15. What is your favorite place
in town? Starbucks at 3rd
16. What is the most important
thing you’ve learned outside of the classroom? You have to leave your dorm once in a while otherwise
you’ll go stir crazy.
17. Where do you plan to study abroad?
18. What internships/research
experiences have you had?
- Summer 2018: Animal Sciences Production trip in Italy
- 2009-Present: Shadow at Thumb Vet Clinic- small and large animal
is your favorite quote? “And one day she discovered that she was fierce, and
strong, and full of fire, and that not even she could hold herself back because
her passion burned brighter than her fears.” –Mark Anthony
20. What are your hobbies? Breed and raise swine, painting, watching movies
21. What advice would you give to incoming
students? You can’t be shy- you
have to be able to make friends and socialize.