21 Questions for Camille Vann
1. What is your hometown? Avon, IN
Fun Fact: The town is tree city USA (says my mom)
2. Where did you go to high school? Avon High School
3. What is your major/concentration? Animal Sciences--Pre-Veterinary Medicine
4. What is your expected graduation date? May 2021
5. Why did you choose Purdue for undergrad? Purdue has a vet school and both of my parents went to Purdue. Close to home and in-state were perks, too.
6. What are your plans after graduation? Attend veterinary school focusing on companion animals and/or wildlife.
7. What is your ‘spirit animal?’ Wolf
8. What is your favorite organization joined at Purdue? MANNRS
9. What is your proudest achievement while at Purdue? Being awarded an Emerging Leaders Scholarship
10. What has been your favorite class taken at Purdue? ANSC 102
11. What is your favorite Purdue tradition? Den Pops
12. What is the best thing about College of Ag? All of the people in it - faculty/staff and students - it feels like a big family.
13. What is the best thing about Department of Animal Sciences? The faculty and staff care a lot about us as students, our futures, and our career development.
14. What is the best on-campus study spot? Wilmeth Active Learning Center (WALC)
15. What is your favorite place in town? Triple XXX - the Oreo Shake is my favorite!
16. What is the most important thing you’ve learned outside of the classroom? Get involved in the things you are passionate about and share that passion with others.
17. Where do you plan to study abroad? I hope to study abroad for a semester in Tanzania for Wildlife Management.
18. What internships/research experiences have you had?
- January 2017-Present: Internship at The Pet Clinic of Brownsburg
- January 2018-Present: Undergraduate Research Assistant in Dr. Theresa Casey's Lab - studying the effect of circadian disruption on core body temperature of transition period in dairy cows
19. What is your favorite quote? “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” –Oscar Wilde
20. What are your hobbies? Playing basketball at the CoRec, working with animals and hanging out with my grandparents
21. What advice would you give to incoming students? Make and maintain positive relationships with your advisors and take advantage of every opportunity that is given to you. You never know where they make take you!