Elements of successful integrated proposals:
(see this USDA website for additional guidance)
- Select a project area with high potential impact and significant public benefit. Create an integrated approach:
- Research: What are the gaps in knowledge?
- Extension: How will you reach those who need the information?
- Education: How will you train the next generation?
- Identify possible positive outcomes (develop a Logic Model)
- Build an interdisciplinary team representative of the integrated approach
- Involve the entire team from the beginning and throughout the project
- Engage stakeholders and identify their role in the project, include letters of support as appropriate
- Develop clear measure of project performance and supporting evaluation
- Include all project functions (research, teaching or Extension) in one or more project objectives
- Develop evaluation criteria and plan
- Consider sustainability beyond the life of the project.
- Articulate administrative and management strategies.
Compiled from “Tips for Developing and Implementing Integrated Projects”