1. What is the application deadline?
February 7, 2020
2. Can I apply if my GPA is less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale?
No, this program requires a 3.0 GPA, but you are welcome to apply in the future if your GPA increases and you remain eligible according to other criteria.
3. Can I apply if I have completed fewer than 4 semesters of college coursework?
No, applicants to our program are required to have completed at least 4 semesters of college coursework. Some NSF-REU programs take students with fewer semesters so you may wish to search out those opportunities and inquire about eligibility.
4. Can I apply if I am a senior graduating before July 2020?
No, NSF regulations require that participants have at least one semester of undergraduate study remaining after completing the summer program.
5. Can I apply if I am not a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or permanent resident?
No, NSF regulations require participants to be U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals or permanent residents.
6. Can students attending Purdue University, West Lafayette campus apply?
Yes, but they are unlikely to be selected and are encouraged to apply to other programs.
7. My college does not complete the spring semester until June, can I still participate in this program?
Participants are required to be available for the entire duration of the summer program, May 25-July 31, 2020.
8. How can I find out if my letters of recommendation have been submitted?
When your recommendations are submitted, a confirmation email will be sent to you. If you do not receive this confirmation email about a recommendation, it has not been received and you should remind your recommenders and send them this link: https://purdue.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bpGDeazUbWwVbRW
9. How do I submit my transcript?
An unofficial copy of your transcript may be uploaded in the online application form as a PDF, JPEG or other format. If you are selected for the program, an official transcript will be requested for verification.
10. When will I find out if I have been selected for this program?
We will begin reviewing applications in February.
11. Who can I contact if I still have questions about this NSF-REU summer program?
If you still have questions that are not answered above, please contact Sherry Pogranichniy at firstname.lastname@example.org.