Midwest Vegetable Production Guide for
Commercial Growers 2017
The 2017 edition of the Midwest Vegetable Production Guide for Commercial Growers is a collaboration of land-grant universities from eight states. It provides vegetable production information that is valid in the participating states for the current year. This includes fertility, variety, cultural, and pest management recommendations.
The participating states are:
- Illinois — University of Illinois Extension publication C1373-1
- Indiana — Purdue Extension publication ID-56
- Iowa — Iowa State University Extension and Outreach publication FG 0600
- Kansas — Kansas State Research and Extension publication MF3279
- Michigan — Michigan State University Extension publication E0312
- Minnesota — University of Minnesota Extension publication BU-07094-S
- Missouri — University of Missouri Extension publication MX384, Lincoln University of Missouri Cooperative Extension and Research publication LUCER 01-2017
- Ohio — Ohio State University Extension Bulletin 948
Download the complete 234-page PDF of the guide.
PDF files of individual sections appear below.
||All PDFs for 2017 edition posted |
||Posted new PDF for overall guide including all the sections updated on 3-13.|
Updated Table 21: Botanically Related Vegetables.
Updated entries for Dual Magnum® and
preemergence broadleaves and grasses.
Corrected keywords in the page header.
Added Velum Prime® for powdery mildew control in squash and pumpkin
and for root knot nematode control in cantaloupe, cucumber, and watermelon. Corrected
keywords in the page header. Updated Product/Disease Ratings for All Cucurbits
||Fruiting Vegetables, Potato, Root Crops
||Corrected keywords in the page header.|
||Updated contact for trap source.|
||Updated use of Dual Magnum for preemergence broadleaves and grasses. Updated use of Reflex on preemergence broadleaves.
|| Root Crops
|| Updaed use of Lorsban 15G on root maggots in rutabaga.|