Applications to PULSe should be submitted through the Graduate School and will be considered by the PULSe Admissions Committee, which consists of representatives from all PULSe Training Groups. When applying, please note that entry into PULSe is for the fall semester only.
(If you do not have an account, click create an account to begin applying to PULSe. Be sure to choose Life Science Interdisciplinary Program as the primary program of interest.)
Deadline: December 1
Application must include:
- PULSe Application Supplement (found within the electronic application)
- Statement of purpose: In this 300-500 word essay, you may wish to discuss your professional plans, any special circumstances applicable to your background, your research experience, abilities, awards, achievements, and/or scholarly publications. Also, please be sure to specify the Plant Biology training group.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation: A letter from your research adviser is strongly recommended as the research experience is of particular importance in showcasing your strengths in the field.
- Transcripts from every institution of higher education attended must be included with your electronic application. If personal identifying information such as a student identification number or social security number appear on the document, REMOVE THIS INFORMATION from your electronic version of your document or mark out the information in black ink before scanning your document. If you are admitted and choose to enroll, you must submit official transcripts and/or academic documents directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions. For tips about uploading your transcripts into the Education Background section of your application click here.
- GRE General Test results.
- Diversity statement required with electronic application. See application for details.
- International degree-seeking applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Pearson Test of English (PTE) scores. For more information on TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE click here.
- Select applicants will be interviewed.
- International degree-seeking applicants are required to submit a copy of their earned degrees in both English and their native language.
- C.V. or resumé recommended, but not required.
- Official test scores (GRE, TOEFL, and IELTS) must be sent to institution code 1631; no department code is necessary. Photocopied test scores are NOT accepted.
- While publications are not a requirement for admission to PULSe, if you have publications, be sure to provide a full citation for each one.
Materials other than the electronic application should be sent to:
Young Hall, Room B-40
155 South Grant Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2114
To check the status of your application:
- Visit the Graduate School admissions site.
- Click on Application for Admission.
- Please note that you will be required to provide your user pin and password.
To receive full consideration, applications should be received by December 1. Applications will be reviewed beginning as early as November. A number of qualified applicants living in the U.S. will be invited to campus to learn more about the program.