Purdue University's Agronomy Department conducts high impact fundamental and applied research at multiple scales to ensure that our science addresses immediate problems and anticipates future challenges; provides progressive and relevant undergraduate, graduate and Extension education programs; actively engages partners in the public and private sectors; and contributes to the development of the national and international agenda for research and education.
The Department of Agronomy at Purdue University provides global leadership in the plant genetics, plant physiology, meteorology, soil and water sciences to enhance the quality of life through agronomic education that results from discovery, education and engagement.
Core Values of Agronomy
1. Excellence and creativity in our teaching, research, and outreach activities
2. Interdisciplinary approaches to addressing our missions
3. Unrestricted access to our programs
4. Understanding and solving the needs of our diverse clientele
5. collegiality in our relationships with each other and with our clientele
6. Having a positive presence among our constituency regionally and nationally