Feldun Purdue Agricultural Center (FPAC)
Size and Topography
- Nearly 900 acres in Lawrence County near Bedford, including about 600 acres of pasture
- Limestone-derived soils characteristic of this part of south central Indiana
- Old limestone quarry and fragipan soil
Moses Fell Dunn, a highly regarded lawyer and member of the state legislature, gave 520 acres to Purdue University in 1914, 360 acres of which was used to by the university to establish Indiana’s first “experiment station” outside of Tippecanoe County.
The Indiana Beef Evaluation Program’s Bull Test Station at FPAC was started in November 1976 at the Pioneer Beef Cattle facility near Tipton and later moved to Purdue University’s Lynnwood Farm at Carmel. It has been located at FPAC since 1989.