Throckmorton Purdue Agricultural Center (TPAC)
Size and Topography
- More than 830 managed acres five miles south of Lafayette along U.S. 231 in Tippecanoe County; 567 acres tillable
- Rolling silt loam soils at the original farm and some variation across the Meigs addition
- Two active manmade wetlands
- 20 acres of timber used for forestry research
Dr. George Throckmorton donated the property to Purdue Agriculture in 1935 in memory of his father Edmund. It was deemed the “Edmund Throckmorton Farm Memorial” as a tribute to this pioneer leader of Tippecanoe County. In the late 1990s, horticultural and specialty crop research was relocated from the old Horticultural and O’Neall Memorial Farms to the Meigs Farm, which is part of TPAC. The center today encompasses four separate pieces – the home farm, Meigs North, Meigs South, and Meigs East.