Graduate Extension Student Resources
Examples on how to fill out Form FNR-GC10:
- MacNeil, J., A.C. Currylow, R.N. Williams, and B.J. MacGowan. 2013. Forest Management for Reptiles and Amphibians: a technical guide for the Central Hardwoods Region. Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service Publication, FNR-480.
- Kraushar, M., G. Nice, Z. Lowe, R. Chapman, and B.J. MacGowan. 2011. Control of Canada thistle in CRP and other noncrop acreage. Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service Publication, FNR-436W.
- MacGowan, B.J. and J. Caudell. 2011. Feral hogs in Indiana – what it means for you. Woodland Steward, 20(2):12-13.
- MacGowan, B.J. 2008. Mammals of Indiana. Harrison County Master Naturalists Program, Corydon, IN, Attendance: 30. Oral presentation.
- MacGowan, B.J. 2013. Identification, Prevention and Control of Wildlife Damage Around the Yard and Home. Ohio River Valley Woodlands and Wildlife Workshop, Clifty Falls State Park, IN; Attendance: 48. Oral presentation.
- MacGowan, B.J. and R.N. Williams. 2014. Novel Models for Integrating Extension and Education. Purdue College of Agriculture, Academic Council, West Lafayette, IN; Attendance: 18. Oral presentation.
- Role: Judge; Title: Indiana 4H Wildlife Habitat Education Program; Sponsor: Purdue University FNR and YDAE; Location: West Lafayette, IN; Date: September 28, 2013; Attendance: 96.
- Role: Organizer; Title: Conservation and Management of Bobwhite Quail in the Midwest; Sponsor(s): Indiana Chapter of TWS, Purdue FNR; Location: Madison, IN; Date: September 28-29, 2010; Attendance: 56.
- Role: Contributed Content; Title: Everything Wildlife, www.purdue.edu/wildlife
- Title: What is Extension?; Sponsor(s): Purdue FNR; Series: Got Nature?, www.purdue.edu/gotnature; Date: April 2014.
- Bunting-Howarth, et al. 2013.Fundamentals of a Sea Grant Extension Program, 2nd ed. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Sea Grant College Program, Silver Spring, MD.
- FNR. 2012. Extension and outreach requirements for graduate study in FNR. Pages 41-42 in Graduate Student Policy Manual, Department of Forestry and Natural Resources, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN.
- NASULGC. 1999. Returning to our roots: The engaged institution. New York, NY: National Association of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges, Office of Public Affairs.
- Powell-Taylor, E., Steele, S., and Douglah, M. 1996. Planning a program evaluation. University of Wisconsin Cooperative Extension Publication G3658-1, Madison, WI.
- W. K. Kellogg Foundation. 2001. W. K. Kellogg Foundation Logic Model Development Guide. Battle Creek, MI.
Learn More About Extension, purdue.edu/fnr/extension
Meet the Chinkapin Oak or Quercus muehlenbergii, which features leaves with shallow evenly lobed...
Meet the Chestnut Oak or Quercus montana, which has dark, deeply ridged bark; small, evenly lobed...
Meet Swamp White Oak or Quercus bicolor, which has leaves with wavy, uneven lobed margins with...
Meet bur oak or Quercus macrocarpa, which features leaves with rounded lobes, highlighted by deep...
Meet white oak or Quercus alba, one of the most common upland hardwood species in Indiana, which...