Research Project Administrator
The Forestry and Natural Resources department is seeking a Research Project Administrator, Institute for Digital Forestry (iDiF). In this role, you will primarily focus on project management of sponsored programs. The main purpose of this position is to coordinate with the Institute Director, Managing Director, and project investigators to manage project timelines, deliverables, and budgets as well as anticipate and troubleshoot concerns and issues and plan next steps.
The successful candidate must have a keen awareness of budget, goals, and constraints and manage project needs with fiscal responsibility. Additionally, the ideal candidate must be able to utilize project management knowledge to help guide decisions and best practices and support grant reporting requirements.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in forestry, natural resources, engineering, business administration or related field
- 3 years’ work experience in research, grant management, project/program management or administration/operations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision and task-oriented
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to successfully communicate and engage with a wide range of audiences
- Ability to meet deadlines and concurrently manage multiple projects
- Ability to build mutually beneficial relationships and integrate well into a highly collaborative and results-driven culture
- Ability to develop relationships across the university and engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Ability to prioritize work and manage within limited resources
Nice to Have:
- Masters degree in forestry, natural resources, engineering, business administration or related field
What We'd Like You to Know:
- This is a grant funded position through 3/31/2028. Continuation will be dependent upon additional funding. Benefits do apply.
- Learn more about Purdue’s benefits summary, Purdue Benefits
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A Background Check is required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Waiting Period
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
What You'll Get in Return:
All university employees are afforded a generous benefits package, https://www.purdue.edu/hr/benewell/index.php, including medical/dental/vision insurance, paid time off, and retirement contributions. As part of Purdue University’s expansive employee benefit package, the University is proud to offer its employees the opportunity to grow, learn, and advance by offering a tuition remission opportunity at both Purdue University and Purdue Global.
Take Your Next Giant Leap
We never stop, we keep going, because Discovery is in our DNA, and we want you to discover a Career at Purdue University! Come work alongside a family of diverse culture with faculty, students, and staff who come together to become one, Boilermakers! Our greatest adventures are yet to come, and we want to include you.
Come take your Next Giant Leap and Discover your next career!
To apply: Research Project Administrator, Purdue University-Jobs
Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.