What We Do
The continuing integration of global economies and societies affects nearly every part of our lives, education, communities, business, and government. For Purdue Extension, this means responding proactively to the global forces that are shaping Indiana so that we remain effective in serving our local clientele and addressing local needs.
International Extension focuses on these main areas:
- Initiating new opportunities to enhance the ability of Extension educators to provide improved service and internationally-focused educational programming to all Indiana residents.
- Developing relationships with partnering institutions for collaboration on extension-based projects and programs.
- Increasing exposure for Indiana residents to international experiences, new cultures, and to the international interconnectedness that is driven by the convergence of global economies and societies.
- Identifying opportunities in cooperation with the Indiana state government to better position Indiana farmers and businesses to compete in the global marketplace.
International Extension Specialist
615 W. State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47906
- Purdue's F2F Program in Trinidad and Tobago
- CNFA F2F Program with core countries in Malawi, Mozambique, Angola, Madagascar, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Moldova
- ACDIVOCA F2F Program with core countries in Georgia, Armenia, and Honduras.
- Catholic Relief Services (CRS) F2F Program with core countries in Benin, Ethiopia, Nepal, Rwanda, Timor-Leste, Mali, and Uganda.
- Land O'Lakes F2F Program with core countries in Ethiopia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Timor-Leste, Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco.
- Partners of the Americas F2F Program with core countries in Haiti, Guatemala, Dominican Republic, Nicaragua.
- Winrock International F2F Program with core countries in Burma, Ghana, Guinea, Nigeria, Senegal.
- National Cooperative Business Association (NBCA) Clusa International with core countries in El Salvador, Honduras, and Peru.
- International Executive Service Corps (IESC) with core countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East.
- Globalizing Extension Innovation Network
- Association for International Agricultural and Extension Education
- Epsilon Sigma Phi, Global Relations Committee
- International Agriculture Section of the Association of Public & Land-Grant University
- Young Professionals for Agricultural Development
- Global Forum for Rural Advisory Services (GFRAS)
- North American Agricultural Advisory Network (NAAAN)
- International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion on eXtension
- Sundance and Skoll Foundations Stories of Change
- Center for International Programs, USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- The Intercultural Development Inventory
- Navigating Difference
- Develop Your Cultural Intelligence
- Developing Local Extension Capacity (DLEC)
- Burmese Integration into Indiana – Webinar recorded 1/2019
- Native American Cultures – Webinar recorded 2/2019
- Vietnam and Study Abroad Experience – Webinar recorded 9/2018
- A Transgender Story – Webinar recorded 10/2018
- Puerto Rican Culture – Webinar recorded 11/2018
Strengthening Extension's Capacity for International Engagement
This is a needs-based, national curriculum to build the international skills of Extension personnel by strengthening educators' ability to develop activities relevant to the global realities of their location. The curriculum may also be used for programming in local communities.The Eight Modules
Start with the first module, Building Cultural Competencies. Each module may include an overview, detailed instructional plans, worksheets, activities, and presentations.
Module 1: Building Cultural Competencies
Module 2: Assessing Strengths of Your Community
Module 3: Facilitating Workforce Development
Module 4: Cultivating Community Leadership
In April 2018, 44 Indiana 4-H members and 11 chaperones attended the Global Gateway Experience to...
Purdue University Health and Human Sciences Extension (HHS Extension) sought to gain a better...
An Animal Science class and Purdue Extension worked together to identify and provide solutions to...
Our goal is to expand Master Gardener's knowledge in ornamental horticulture, landscape, and...