ENVIRONMENTAL STAFF POSITION
AP ENGINEERING & CONSULTING, INC. (APEC) is seeking a motivated, well-rounded Staff Level Environmental Scientist/Geologist/Engineer to work in our Indianapolis, Indiana office. The position will consist of a blend of office and fieldwork. APEC is a full-service geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing, environmental consulting, and compliance management firm. APEC provides quality, cost-effective solutions while also focusing on client commitment and satisfaction. Our staff of professionals provide quality and versatility to APEC’s ability to conduct environmental and geotechnical engineering projects for our clients. The successful candidate will work on challenging and diverse tasks for projects related to environmental due diligence, and soil and groundwater contaminant investigation and remediation for a variety of clients, from small local businesses up to Fortune 100/500 companies across the country.
Full-time position qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Civil Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Science or related degree.
- 1 to 5 years of related professional experience.
- Knowledge of commonly used computer software (Word, Excel, and Outlook) expected.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, and ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and soil logging programs preferred but not mandatory.
- Valid driver’s license.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
-Performance and oversight of field sample collection and analysis (air, soil, groundwater, water, and
- Evaluate and interpret field data and communicate with Project Managers
- Generate site maps, extent maps, potentiometric maps, and subsurface cross sections
- Oversee subsurface investigation activities including soil logging, monitoring well installations, well
development, Phase I/II environmental assessments
- Operation and maintenance (O&M) of remediation systems
- Oversight of excavation activities (ex.: contaminated soil and/or underground storage tank removal)
- Oversight of field monitoring investigations (groundwater and vapor intrusion sampling events)
- Evaluate laboratory and field data for technical document preparation (ex.: Phase I/II Environmental Site
Assessments, Quarterly Monitoring, Site Investigation, UST Closure, Remediation etc.)
- Complete quality reports detailing field work and laboratory results with oversight from Project Managers
- Assist Project Managers on complex investigation and remediation projects
- Assist in ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Operate within quality, budget, and schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER is desirable, but not mandatory
- Asbestos and lead inspector licenses are desirable, but not mandatory
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Matching 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Bonus Pay Eligibility
- Company Provided Credit Card
- Mentorship Program
- Company Provided Field Apparel
- Company Sponsored Teambuilding Events
- Company Paid Training/Licenses/Certificates
The selected individual must be able to successfully pass the Company’s physical/drug screening, driving record, and criminal background check. Candidate may be exposed to working in varying weather conditions and occasionally travel may be required for field work. We offer on-the-job training and a career path to help employees develop skill sets, gain experience, and advance their careers. We offer professional development opportunities, including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, so that our professionals can build on the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
If interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Alli Schmitt. Further information will be discussed during an interview.