NRES - Virtual Purdue 101
Welcome to natural resources & environmental science!
Welcome to Purdue University and to the Natural Resources and Environmental Science major! This page contains a great deal of information for you as you prepare for your transition to Purdue University. Please look over all of the information on this page in detail so you will be informed and up-to-date. If you have any questions, please feel free to email your advisor, Mandy Chalk Marquardt, at firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to meeting you this fall!
Natural Resources and Environmental Science
Forest Products Building (FPRD)
175 Marsteller Street FPRD 101
West Lafayette, IN 47907
A Note From Your Director:
Dr. Laura Bowling
Welcome to NRES! I look forward to welcoming you to campus this fall, where I will see you in our AGR 12200 Introduction to Natural Resources and Environmental Science. In the meantime, you can view a short welcome from me. Together, let’s get ready to make the Earth a better place!
A Note From Your Academic Advisor:
Mandy Chalk Marquardt
As your Academic Advisor, I am looking forward to meeting you and getting to know you better while we plan your courses for this fall semester! Once you have completed both Purdue 101 in Brightspace and the Student Information Form on the New Student Task List located in myPurdue, you will receive an email to schedule a one-on-one virtual meeting with me via Zoom. During this meeting, we will discuss any questions you may have about the NRES program and Purdue. I will also help you submit your Course Request Form (CRF) for fall course registration. I look forward to meeting you soon!
A few things you need to do NOW before your advising appointment.
- Review this Purdue University Textbooks handout
- Check out our NRES Student Ambassador Blog to learn more about our program and about life at Purdue University: https://nrespurdue.wordpress.com/
- Peruse the attachment, Useful Websites, and explore websites that may be helpful for you during your time at Purdue.
- All students at Purdue need to fulfill a Civics Literacy requirement before they can graduate. You can learn more about the requirement here: https://www.purdue.edu/provost/about/provostInitiatives/civics/
- Also, please review this handout to help you plan out how you will fulfill this requirement before graduation.
Current NRES Student Profiles
A king among barbecue platters, the brisket is a finicky cut of meat packed with fat and tissue....
Once the corn seed is planted, the waiting game for the first corn plants to emerge begins,...
As a young agronomist, one of the first things I learned was that when assessing corn emergence...
The USAID John Ogonowski and Doug Bereuter Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) program in Trinidad and Tobago,...
Purdue University doctoral student Dongqi Liu has identified a previously unknown strategy that...