Join Purdue experts for the Digital Ag Showcase on Thursday, September 8 from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM EDT at the Beck Agricultural Center in West Lafayette, Ind. In cooperation with Area 9 Extension educators, the field day focuses on practical applications of data-driven agriculture.
Participants will learn about cutting-edge research related to digital agriculture, see demonstrations featuring practical applications and tools that can be used on their farming operations and tour campus research facilities focused on digital agriculture.
Topics to be covered include:
- Using drones (UAVs) in row crops, including low-input, high-efficiency scouting
- Demonstrations of Purdue’s field phenotyping capabilities
- Improved management approaches for soybean and corn
- Introduction of GROW, a new web app for corn producers to monitor the physiological state of their corn fields
- Replacing the “dashboard notebook” with digital field records
- Real-time weed identification using unmanned aerial systems
- Connecting on-farm sensors through low cost, low energy systems
- Eco-intensification using recycled drainage water from wetlands
Participants can also choose to take campus tours to visit Purdue faculty in their research spaces, including the Agricultural & Biological Engineering Building, Creighton Hall of Animal Sciences and the Ag Alumni Phenotyping Facility.
For those interested in Private Pesticide Applicator (PARP) and Commercial Applicator Credits, Purdue Extension specialists will offer a one-hour workshop providing information on anhydrous ammonia safety. CAT 1, 11, 14, RT and PARP credits will be awarded for attendance of this program.
Registration is requested by September 1 as lunch will be provided. Register at purdue.ag/digitalagshowcase
Beck Agricultural Center is located at the Agronomy Center for Research and Education, 4550 US-52, West Lafayette, Ind.