- Visiting Scholar
- 715 W.State Street
- Department of Forestry and Natural Resources
- Purdue University
- email: email@example.com
- 2017-Ph.D.in Ecology, Forestry College, Beijing Forestry University
- 2002-M.S.in Botany-Life Science College, Northeast Normal University
- 1996-B.S.in Wild Plant Resources Conservation and Utilization-Jilin Agricultural University
- To study the regeneration mechanism of secondary forests in Northeast China
- To study the cultivation and afforestation of Tilia mandshurica in Northeast China.
- Fucai Xia, Chunfang Pan, Xiuhai Zhao. 2012. Plants phenological response to climate change of temperate deciduous forest. Ecology and Environmental Sciences, 21 (5): 793-799
- Fucai Xia, Chunfang Pan, Xiuhai Zhao, Haiyan He, Haiyu Zhou. 2012. Influence of overstory on seasonal bariability of understory herbs in primary broad-leaved Korean pine forest of Changbai Mountain. Acta Botanica Boreali-Occidentalia Sinica, 13 (11): 1223-1230
- Fucai Xia, Xiuhai Zhao, Chunfang Pan, Juan Fan , Jinsong Wang, Ruiqiang Ni, Jun Jiang. 2009. Seasonal variation of understory herbs in primary broad-leaved Korean pine forest and secondary aspen-birch forest in Changbai Mountains and its environmental interpretation. Journal of Northeast Forestry University, 11: 83 – 89
- Fucai Xia, Xiuhai Zhao, Chunfang Pan, Yuzhen Jia, Jinsong Wang. 2010. Stand structure of broad-leaved and Korean pine (Pinus koraiensis) mixed forest in the Changbai Mountains. Chinese Journal of Applied Environment Biology, 4: 529-533.
- Fuicai Xia, Xiu’ai Zhao, Chun-fang Pan, Jinsong Wang, Rui-ang Ni, Lei Wang, Huaijiang He. 2011, Stand spatial structure of secondary birch forest in Changbaishan Mountain. Acta Botanica Boreali-Occidentalia Sinica, 2: 407-412.
- Fucai Xia, Xiuhai Zhao, Chunfang Pan, Xiaojing Zhao, YuhongWang. 2009. Species diversity and seasonal dynamics of herbs in a Korean pine broad-leaved forest of Changbai Mountains，Journal of Jilin Agricultural University, 1: 27-31.
- Fucai Xia, Xiuhai Hao, Daoli An, Ruiqiang Ni, JinsongWang, Juan Fan. 2013. Stand structure of secondary popular-birch forest in Changbai Mountains, Journal of South China Agricultural University, 3: 383-387.
- Yue Sun, Huaijing He, Liang Li, Jie Yao, Zhe Xie, Fengjie Wang, Fucai Xia.2016. Biomass and its distribution characteristics of filipendula palmata under the canopy of mixed coniferous and broad leaved forest in Jiaohe, Jilin Province, Chinese Journal of Applied Environment Biology, 22（6）: 1055–1062.
- Yue Sun，Fucai Xia，Huaijiang He，Baodong Liu，Gerong Wang，Liang Li. 2016. Community structure features of the larch-birch secondary forest on the northeastern slope of Changbai Mountains，northeast China．Journal of Beijing Forestry University, 38（12）: 28–38.
- Liang Li，Fucai Xia，Xiaoyan Wang，Xianlong Hang，Guowen Sun，Xiangju Wu，GuichunWang. 2017. A Study on stand spatial structure of broad-leaved Korean pine forest in Zhangguangcai Mountains，Acta Ecologica Sinica, 37(10): 3425-3436．
- Yue Sun，Huaijiang He，Liang Li，Caimin Song，Fengjie Wang，Fucai Xia. 2017. Biomass allocation and biomass allometric models of six early-summer herbs under the canopy of broad-leaved Korean pine forest during different growth periods in Jiaohe，Jilin Province，Acta Ecologica Sinica, 37(19): 6523-6533.
- Liang Li, Fucai Xia, Yue Sun, Xiao Zhang. 2017. Biomass allocation of eight early-spring herbs inbroadleaf-pinus koraiensis mixed forest．Journal of Beijing Forestry University, 39(1): 35-38.
- 2018- Regeneration of Secondary Forests in Northeast China
of Seed Rain to Cutting Disturbance
- 2018- Jilin Provincial Forestry Survey and Design Institute Forum:
How to Monitor Forest
1996- Beihua University, Forestry College: Botany
- 2007-2012- Director- Youth Branch of China Forestry Society
- 2019-Director- Forest Seed Base and National Forest Germplasm Resource Bank of
- Ph.D. student,
Department of Forestry and Natural Resources ,
- 2018 – MS, Forestry and Natural Resources, Purdue University, IN, advisor: Dr. Jeffrey Dukes,
Thesis: Potential of biochar to mitigate the effects of extreme precipitation on soil greenhouse gas emissions and soybean growth
- 2016 – BS, Bioenvironmental Sciences, Nagoya University, Japan, advisor: Dr. Kazuhiro Harada
Specialization: Social Science and Environmental International Cooperation in Southeast Asia
- 2014 – Exchange Program, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, IL
To broaden understanding of bird diversity patterns
and drives in big scale using statistical and machine-learning techniques as
well as to estimate the impacts of climate change.
- 2019 – Midwestern Association of Graduate
Schools 75th Annual Meeting, MO: Representative of Purdue University
to the Midwest Three Minute Thesis competition
- 2018 – Ecological Society of America Annual
Meeting, LA: Oral Presentation
- 2018 – Purdue University Department of Forestry
and Natural Resources Research Symposium, IN: Poster Presentation
- 2018 – Midwest Ecology and Evolution Conference,
MI: Oral Presentation
- 2017 – Drought-Net Inter-Institutional Meeting
at Colorado State University, CO: Student Participant
- 2016 – The Japanese Forest Society 127th
Annual Meeting, Kanagawa, Japan
- 2015 – The 11th Conference of Youth
Paris 2015 in Tokyo, Japan: Student Participant
- 2015 – The 6th Academic Consortium
21 Student World Forum 2015, Strasbourg, France and Freiburg, Germany, Student
Representative of Nagoya University
- 2018 – Purdue Climate Change Research Center
- 2018 – Three Minute Thesis Competition, Second
Place, Purdue University
- 2016 – Takenaka Foundation Scholarship
- 2016 – Best Senior Presentation Award, Nagoya
- 2013 – Japan Student Services Organization,
Exchange Student Scholarship
- Ph.D., Post-Doctoral Research Assistant Department of Forestry and Natural Resources, Purdue University
- Office: PFEN G021, 715 W. State Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907
- Phone: (662) 617-5391
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Personal website: https://xz2359.wixsite.com/xufangzhang
- Ph.D. in Forest Resources (2018) (Concentration: Forest Policy and Economics), College of Forest Resources, Mississippi State University.
- B. S. in Accounting (2013), College of Economics and Management, Nanjing Forestry University.
- Natural resource and environmental economics.
- Natural resource policy and law.
- International trade and trade policy.
- Carbon sequestration and climate change.
- Timberland investment and sustainable forest management.
- January 2019-present, Postdoctoral Research Associate, College of Forestry and Natural Resources, Purdue University.
- January 2015-December 2018, Research Assistant, College of Forest Resources, Department of Forestry, Mississippi State University.
- September 2013- December 2015, Research Fellow, Research Center for Economics and Trade in Forest Products of the State Forestry Administration (SINO-RECTFOR).
- Anonymous Reviewer for Canadian Journal of Forest Research, China Population Resources and Environment, and Journal of China Agricultural University.
- Zhang, X., and Sun, C. (2018). The Financial
Performance of Public Furniture Firms with Different Positions in Antidumping
Actions. Forest Science, 64(5): 491-503.
C., and Zhang, X. (2018). Duration
of U.S. forest products trade. Forest
Policy and Economics, 95(2018): 57-68.
- Zhang, X., Yang, H. and Zhang, X. (2016).
Development level and trend in Chinese forestry carbon pools from 1989 to 2033.
Resources Science, 38(2): 0290-0299 (in
Chinese with English abstract).
- Zhang, X., Yang, H. and Yuan T. (2016).
Construction of China’s forestry carbon measuring model under the chain of compound structure. China Population, Resources and
Environment, 26(4): 80-89 (in Chinese with English abstract).
X., Yang, H., Zhang, X. and Hong, Y. (2015). Projection of global
long-term carbon flow in forest product trade from a perspective of climate
negotiation: 2010-2030. Fresenius
Environmental Bulletin, 24(11): 3679-3685.
H., Zhang, X. and Hong, Y. (2014). Classification, production, and
carbon stock of harvest wood products in China from 1961 to 2012. BioResource, 9(3): 4311-4322.
- Zhang, X. and Yang, H. (2014). Comparisons of
carbon stock and reduction in harvest wood products of China and the United
States based on climate change. Forestry
Economics, 36(7): 26-37 (in Chinese with English abstract).
- Zhang, X. and Yang, H. (2014). Accounting methods
and influences of carbon sequestration in harvest wood products based on
climate change issues. Journal of Anhui
Agricultural Sciences, 42(7): 2014-2017 (in Chinese with English abstract).
- Zhang, X. and Yang, H. (2013). The cycle of carbon
flows in harvest wood products and methods of carbon reduction of the United
States. Forestry Economics, 37(12):
58-63 (in Chinese with English abstract).