- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 352-215-5057
- Mailing address: Department of Forestry and Natural Resources, 715 W. State Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907
University of Florida, Ph.D., Food and Resource Economics, August 2019
Job Market Paper: Workfare and forest cover: the Case of NREGS in India
Dissertation Committee: Conner Mullally (Chair), Christa Court, Spiro Stefanou, Hector Sandoval
University of Calgary, M.A., Economics, 2011
Research Report: Determinants of Exclusivity Periods of Drugs in Canada
University of Arizona, M.S., Agriculture and Resource Economics, 2009
Thesis: Determinants of Health Outcomes of Children in the United States
Elphinstone College, Mumbai University, B.A., Economics, 2004
Postdoctoral Scholar, Summer 2020 – present
– Currently working on a project estimating impacts of conservation easements
on land use change. I am also working on a project in which I will be conducting
economic modeling of forest products, specifically products made from
Kansas State University
Postdoctoral Fellow, Fall 2019 – Summer 2020
– Worked on an USDA funded project on estimating land supply elasticities.
I created a spatially-explicit panel dataset that combines land uses from the
USDA-NASS Cropland Data Layer with land cash rents, soil quality and accessibility
– I estimated models that identify the spatially heterogeneous effects of changes
in agricultural returns on land use choices (i.e. land supply elasticities), and
generated maps of spatially explicit land supply elasticities that can be incorporated
in a high-resolution model of U.S. agriculture.
University of Florida
Research Assistant, Fall 2015 – Summer 2019
– Contributed to a project that applied LASSO model selection with doubly
robust treatment effect estimation to analyze the impact of a rural business
development program on small plantain farmers in Nicaragua.
– Worked on a project on citrus greening disease in Florida. The study analyzed
the impact of coordination among citrus growers on fertilizer and pesticide
Teaching Assistant, Economics of Natural Resource Use, University of Florida,
Spring 2018 and Fall 2017
Azim Premji Foundation, India
Associate-Analytics, Knowledge Resource Center, November 2012 – May 2015
– Catered to the capacity building requirements of the Foundation by creating
research reports, literature reviews, and by conducting workshops.
– Extracted and formatted secondary datasets like District Information System
for Education (DISE) and National Sample Survey (NSS).
Development Research Group, World Bank
Short Term Consultant, August 2013 – August 2014
– Research assistance for primary data cleaning and creating questionnaires.
University of Calgary
Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant, Fall 2009 – Winter 2011
– Conducted literature reviews on topics in health economics.
– Teaching assistant for undergraduate courses in microeconomics.
University of Arizona
Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant, Spring 2008 – Spring 2009
– Worked on a project analyzing riparian rights in Arizona water usage by vegetable
industries in the US.
– Teaching assistant for Masters Math camp, and undergraduate courses in Price
Analysis and Microeconomics.
Mullally, C. and S. Chakravarty. 2018. “Are Matching Funds for Smallholder Irrigation Money Well Spent?” Food Policy, 76(1): 70-80.