Do you want to ̶
- DEVELOP cutting-edge research in natural resources and environmental sciences?
- INTEGRATE high-performance computers and artificial intelligence in your research?
- COLLABORATE with hundreds of top-tier scientists from across the world?
- PUBLISH your game-changing papers in high-impact journals?
We’re always looking for highly motivated graduate research assistants and post-doctoral researchers who will strengthen our laboratory with creativity and innovation. We value diversity of experience, knowledge, background and perspective and welcome applicants from various disciplines, including but not limited to ecology, economics, applied mathematics, engineering, data science, and social science.
Salary and Benefits:
- For GRA positions, the incumbents’ initial academic-year (“AY”) salary will be $19,915 (MSc) or $22,850 (PhD). Ph.D. assistantships with tuition waiver are funded up to three years, contingent upon satisfactory annual performance and availability of funding. A fourth year of support also may be possible. M.S. assistantships with tuition waiver are funded up to two years, contingent upon satisfactory annual performance and availability of funding. In addition, Purdue University provides a generous fringe benefit package.
- For Post-doc position, the successful candidate will receive an annual compensation of ca. US$$47,500 with benefits. Additional support may be available pending satisfactory performance. The successful candidate will have opportunities to coordinate works at three other GFBI Hubs in China, Spain, and Switzerland.
Application: Applications are now accepted at a rolling basis.
Economics focus: Dr. Mo Zhou, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ecology focus: Dr. Jingjing Liang email@example.com
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in global forest ecology (pending)
- Graduate Research Assistantship (GRA) in ecology
- Graduate Research Assistantship available for Fall 2021 or Spring 2022
A research assistantship is available for a highly motivated graduate student (M.S. or Ph. D.) in forest/natural resource economics.
The incumber at the M.S. level is expected to have a B.S. in economics, applied economics, or natural resources.
At the Ph.D. level, the incumbent is expected to have a M.S. in economics or applied economics. Prior experience with input-output analysis is preferred.
For admission in Fall 2021, please send a copy of CV/resume, transcripts, publications (if available), and statement of research interests to Dr. Mo Zhou (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than December 1st, 2020,
for initial screening. For admission in Spring 2022, the documents should be received no later than August 1st, 2021.
International Visiting Scholars
Please complete the following application form, as FACAI has limited space for visiting scholars, and applicants will be reviewed by their credentials and potential match.