- Curriculum Vitae
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 001-765-494-3098
- Department of Forestry and Natural Resources, 715 W. State Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907
- Beijing Forestry University, Beijing China, MIS, B.S. 1998
- Technical University of Munich, Munich Germany, Forestry, M.S. 2000
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI, Forestry, Ph.D. 2005
- 2021 – present Associate Professor of Forest Economics and Management, Purdue University
- 2018 – 2021 Assistant Professor of Forest Economics and Management, Purdue University
- 2011 – 2018 Assistant Professor of Forest Economics, West Virginia University
- 2008 – 2011 Assistant Professor of Economics, School of Management, University of Alaska
- 2005 – 2007 Research Associate, Dept. of Forest Ecology and Management, UW-Madison
- Associate Editor of Canadian Journal of Forest Research, 2015-present
- Associate Editor of Forest Ecosystems, 2013-present
Zhou, M*. and J. Buongiorno, J. 2019. Optimal forest management under financial risk aversion with discounted Markov decision process models. Canadian Journal of Forest Research. (In press)
Zhou, M*. 2017. “Valuing Environmental Amenities through Inverse Optimization: Theory and Case Study”. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 83: 217 – 230.
Zhou, M.* 2015. “Adapting Forest Management to Climate Policy Uncertainty: a Conceptual Framework”. Forest Policy and Economics 59, 66-74.
Zhou, M. *and J. Buongiorno. 2011. Effects of Stochastic Interest Rates in Decision Making under Risk: a Markov Decision Process Model for Forest Management. Forest Policy and Economics13: 402-410.
Zhou, M. and Buongiorno, J., 2006. Space-time modeling of timber prices. Journal of agricultural and resource economics, pp.40-56.