Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant & Department of Forestry and Natural Resources, Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN, USA
Seeking creative, strategic Communications professional to serve as Communications Specialist for the Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant (IISG) College Program and Purdue's Department of Forestry and Natural Resources (FNR). The Communications Specialist will produce and manage a diverse communication program to deliver environment-related content to a broad audience.
This individual will be responsible for:
- Creating new and modifying existing science-related content
- Ensuring communication materials integrate well with IISG/FNR marketing and branding efforts
- Managing communication strategies
- Prioritizing and developing a variety of written and multimedia content
- Providing oversight and content on various social media platforms
- Ensuring that all writing for online and print promotional pieces are concise, accurate, and convey key points about the programs
For more information about IISG and FNR, please visit:
Bachelor’s degree (MS preferred) in Communication, Marketing, Journalism, English, Graphic Design, Communication Planning, Computer Science, Natural Resources or related field. Two or more years' experience in project coordination, including experience writing, proofreading, and editing.
TBD (By February 2018)
How to Apply:
All applicants must apply online via the Purdue Careers site in order to be considered. Position posting and application instructions can be found here: http://purdue.ag/FbtoT
If you have questions about the position, please contact:
Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.