Since its founding in 1983, Purdue's Department of Food Science recognizes industry as a key customer. To achieve our corporate-like vision, “be recognized as the leading food science department”, we understand the necessity in the excellence of education, research, and engagement. These cannot be achieved without our industry partners.
Industry plays major roles:
- in the development of curriculum and study
- directions of research and support
- development of continuing education such as workshops
Industrial Associates Program
The Industrial Associates Program is a key component to Purdue Food Science staying focused on one of our customers, industry. The Department provides a view into our work as well as an entry point to other areas at Purdue University.
This group plays an integral part in developing our curriculum so that we ensure our graduates fulfill companies' needs. With an annual fee of $5,000, members (see list of current members below) of this organization receive numerous benefits, some of which are:
- opportunities to interact with faculty, students, and research associates
- interaction with other member company representatives
- access to experts in their fields
- visible presence within Purdue University and the Department of Food Science
- influences current and proposed curricula
- members only pages access through the web
This group meets twice a year on campus. At these meetings, we present our members and potential members with information on what our students are accomplishing, research within the Department, and research in other areas of Purdue that are pertinent to the food industry. These presentations are but one section accessible via the members only section of our website.
If you are interested in joining the Industrial Associates or have additional questions, please contact Laurie Swift.
Industrial Associates Program Current Members
Alfa Laval, Inc.
Anderson Tool & Engineering Co., Inc.
Cargill Food System Design
Con Agra Foods
General Mills, Inc.
Nestle R & D Center, Inc.
Red Gold, Inc.
Roquette America, Inc.
Sensient Technologies Corp.
Skidmore Sales & Distributing Co., Inc.
Stanislaus Food Products
The Kroger Company
Tropicana, Pepsico Beverages and Foods
Zentis Food Solutions