Student achievement as determined by the program
The Purdue Landscape Architecture Program measures student achievement based on data generated by our ongoing program of monitoring student outcomes and the metrics necessary to quantify student achievement. Our outcomes and assessment program encompasses 77 distinct skills and abilities as defined by the ASLA’s Body of Knowledge and the Purdue Landscape Architecture Mission Statement.
Exceptional academic performance is recognized and acknowledged with the following award programs:
- ASLA Certificates of Honor and Merit (up to 4 awarded)
- Landscape Architecture Foundation Olmsted Scholar Program (one awarded)
- The Don Molnar award for outstanding cooperative employment experience (either one or two awarded)
- Outstanding Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior in the Landscape Architecture Program (one awarded per each year)
- Outstanding Senior Capstone Project award (one awarded)
- Outstanding Designer award (one awarded at sophomore, junior, and senior levels)
The cost (tuition and fees) for a full-time student for one academic year.
Estimated housing costs per year and average costs of books and materials per year. Purdue University Bursar's Office Tuition/Fee Calculator
The first year of our program is called PreLandscape Architecture. The majority of students use this year to gain a better insight into the profession of Landscape Architecture. In the 20018-19 academic year, two PreLandscape Architecture students changed their degree objectives to other majors or left the university. This is both typical and an expected outcome of the PreLandscape Architecture year. This attrition, however, was offset by four students who transferred into Landscape Architecture after beginning coursework in another major. Three students from the sophomore through senior years dropped the Landscape Architecture major, resulting in a 96.8% overall retention rate.
The 2018-2019 Senior class enrollment was 16 students. Of the 16 students, 15 were granted BSLA degrees. The remaining student is continuing to complete their degree requirements which were not met due to academic inadequacies. The 2019 graduation rate was 93.75%
The number of BSLA degrees conferred each year for the past five years:
- 2019: 15
- 2018: 15
- 2017: 13
- 2016: 23
- 2015: 20
Employment of graduates
Among the 15 students who received BSLA degrees in 2019, 14 have reported receiving full-time positions and one is pursuing graduate degrees.
For the academic year, 2018-19, the demographics of the Purdue Landscape Architecture Program were as follows:
- Total number of students in program: 89
- Male: 43 students, 48.3%
- Female: 46 students, 51.1%
- In-state (Indiana resident): 66 students, 74.2%
- Out-of-state (non-resident US citizen) 23 students, 27.1%
- International: 19 students, 21.3%
- Minority: 2 students, 2.2%