Wholesale fruit and vegetable farms implement food safety practices to:
- Provide top-quality products to consumers
- Meet buyer demands
- Meet the requirements of trade associations or marketing orders
- Comply with federal and state regulations
- Manage risks for their operations
If you are a wholesale producer, answer these questions as you develop and implement food safety practices:
- What do my buyers require?
- What trade or marketing association requirements apply to me?
- What federal regulations apply to me?
- What state and local regulations apply to me?
The answers to these questions will help to define the specifics of a food safety program for a particular farm.
Explore resources under the Topics tab to learn about various aspects of a food safety program.