Flying within the U.S.

When purchasing plane tickets to travel around the U.S., look at the links below to find the best price. Remember to always look for student rates if applicable.

Ross Ade Stadium
The Trolley

Walk, Bike, or Bus

The distance between the residence hall and your classrooms can be easily traveled on foot. The residence halls are about a 10–15-minute The Trolleywalk, while students living at Hilltop Apartments will have a 20–30 minute walk to reach the main part of campus. It might pay to invest in a bicycle, although you will not be able to use the bike, or at least it will be difficult to do so, during the winter months. The City Bus provides reliable bus service around campus and within the greater Lafayette community. There are several campus loop routes that service the residence halls and a few apartments in the vicinity of the campus area. Students ride free -- simply show your Purdue ID upon entering the bus.

Driving in the U.S.

If you would rather drive, renting a car is easy and not all that expensive. You may drive in the U.S. for 60 days with a driver's license issued in your home country. After this time, you will need to apply for an Indiana driver's license from the Bureau of Motor Vehicles, which involves taking both written and driving tests. Alternatively, you can obtain an International Driver's License, issued by the American Automobile Association (AAA). These must be purchased in your home country.