DISTINGUISHED ALUMNI AWARDS AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES EDUCATION AND COMMUNICATION
We are pleased to announce our 2021 Agricultural Sciences Education and Communication (ASEC) Distinguished Alumni.
These alumni have demonstrated excellence in industry, academia, governmental service, or other career endeavors through their leadership, community service, and professional accomplishments.
Nominees will have earned a B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. degree in Agricultural Communication, Agricultural Education, or the Purdue University Department of Youth Development and Agricultural Education.
The awards presentation will be 1:30-2:30 p.m. Friday, September 24, 2021, in the Deans of Agriculture Auditorium. We will recognize both our 2020 and 2021 recipients.
Previous Award Recipients
- Brittini R. Brown (Ph.D., Youth Development and Agricultural Education, 2016)
Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs for the University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Brittany Kloer (B.S., Agricultural Education, 2008)
Career and Technical Education Area Director for the Area 18 CTE Cooperative
- Megan Kuhn (B.S., Agricultural Communication, 1999)
Communications Specialist/Assistant to the Dean for the Purdue University College of Agriculture
- Denise Derrer (B.S., Agricultural Communication, 1990) - Public Information Director for the Indiana State Board of Animal Health
- Tracie Eggerr (B.S., Agricultural Communication, 1995; Ph.D. Agricultural and Extension Education, 2009) - Leadership Training Specialist for AgReliant Genetics, Westfield, Indiana
- Andrea Schwartz (B.S., Agricultural Education, 2006; M.S. Agricultural and Extension Education, 2011) - Dean of the School of Advanced Manufacturing, Engineering & Applied Science and Associate Professor of Agriculture at Ivy Tech Community College-Lafayette.
- Scott Stump (B.S., Agricultural Education, 1990)
- Julia A. Wickard (B.S., Agricultural Communication, 1993)
- Ann Camden (B.S., Agricultural Communication, 1993)
- Scott W. Johnson (B.S., Agricultural Education and Agricultural Communication, 1992)
- Darrell Allen (B.S., Agricultural Education,1982; M.S, Agricultural Education,1985)
- Allan D. Goecker (B.S., Agriculture (Agricultural Education), 1964; M.S. , Agricultural Education, 1966) Ph.D., Agricultural Education, 1974
- Robert Friar (B.S., Agricultural Education, 1956; M.S. Biological Sciences, 1959; Ph.D. Animal Sciences, 1967)
- Eric Steiner (B.S., Agricultural Education, 2002)
- Jane Ade Stevens (B.S., Agricultural Communication, 1976)