Preference will be given to students who meet one or more of the following criteria which is ranked in the order of importance:
1. Has completed an internship in the Indiana General Assembly or one of the departments of Indiana Government;
2. Has served in positions of leadership in organizations such as University Students Government, 4-H, FFA, Option Club, Student Union, Debris, Exponent, etc.;
3. Has performed at a level of excellence on the SAT test (1800 with writing, math and verbal);
4. Has completed a college-level course in United States government, United States history, or similar government or history course;
5. Is a graduate of a high school in Vermillion or Parke Counties, Indiana.