The Molecular Agriculture Summer Institutes (MASI) were created by Purdue Agriculture’s Office of Academic Programs as part of the Plant Sciences Research and Education Pipeline. They are designed to expose undergraduates and Indiana high school students to the wide-ranging field of plant sciences (broadly defined) and STEM fields (science, technology, engineering and math).
Undergraduate Fellows Program:
The MASI Undergraduate Fellows Program is open to Purdue undergraduate students. Participants will experience in-depth, hands-on molecular research and attend faculty and industry seminars and tours.
Pre-College Fellows Program:
Pre-College MASI is a one-week residential program to develop student leaders in the plant sciences and STEM areas. Indiana high school sophomores and juniors (at the time of application) with grade point averages of at least 3.0 and a teacher recommendation will be eligible for the program.
- April 1, 2016 – MASI Undergraduate Fellows applications due
- April 15, 2016 – Pre-College MASI applications due
- May 23 - July 29, 2016 – MASI Undergraduate Fellows program dates
- June 12-18, 2016 – Pre-College MASI program date
- Spring 2017 - 2016 Undergraduate Fellows present their research at the Purdue University Undergraduate Research and Poster Symposium or an equivalent venue