Congratulations on choosing to become a Boilermaker in our College of Agriculture at Purdue University! As you prepare to attend Summer Transition, Advising and Registration (STAR), below are a few details that will enable you to have a successful STAR day.
- All beginning freshmen in the College of Agriculture must complete the ALEKS Math Assessment at least 48 hours before your STAR visit. Completing the exam prior to attending STAR is a requirement regardless of the level of math you have completed in high school or college mathematics credit that you have earned.
- How do I get started in ALEKS
- You can take your ALEKS assessment at any time. Access to the ALEKS system starts after you have officially accepted your admission into Purdue.
- To find the ALEKS link, log into myPurdue and go to the "New Student Tab."
- Use your Purdue Career Account to log into the ALEKS system. This is similar to when you log into myPurdue.
- Each time you return to ALEKS, you will resume the test through the link in your myPurdue New Student Task List.
- Set aside at least 90 minutes to complete the ALEKS assessment. If you stop the assessment for any reason, you have 24 hours to continue from where you left off. After 24 hours, you will have to start the assessment from the beginning.
- For Fall 2012 placement, you will be provided with minimum scores that are strongly recommended for certain courses. You should discuss these scores with your academic advisor at your STAR visit. Consider using the self-guided ALEKS Prep Course to review topics. If you earned college credits in mathematics, they will be used in your plan of study. However, you are required to complete the ALEKS test as well.
- See the Placement Recommendations for more information about mathematics course placement and ALEKS results.
- If you have any questions about ALEKS, email Tim Delworth, Department of Mathematics.
- To find more information, go to the ALEKS Math Assessment website
- College of Agriculture - Be sure to follow the instructions you received in your STAR preparation materials and arrive at check-in located in Elliott Hall of Music before 8:00 a.m. on your scheduled STAR day. Following the general welcome, College of Agriculture Student Ambassadors will escort you to Lilly Hall, Room 1-105 for the Agriculture session. This session will begin at 9:15 a.m.
If you need a break during your son’s/daughter’s STAR day, feel free to cool off and relax in the Steve and Sandra Hageman Center for Student Achievement and Leadership. The Center is located in the Ag Administration Bldg. Room 121 and is open from 8:00 – 5:00 daily and refreshments will be available from 10:30 - 4:30 daily. Come by – we would enjoy meeting you!
For more information about STAR please visit www.purdue.edu/sats/star, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 765-494-9328.
Congratulations again on your admission to Purdue University!