Becoming an Ag Ambassador
Purdue Ag Ambassadors are the College of Agriculture's lead prospective student recruiters.
- Be a full-time undergraduate student in the College of Agriculture.
- Have at least two semesters remaining.
- Have a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
How to Apply
- Fill out the online Ambassador Application form. You will need to login to this form using your "e\login".
- Submit completed application by 5:00 p.m., Monday, February 19, 2018.
- If selected to interview, appear before the selection committee at a date to be determined and present a 10 minute presentation on careers in Agriculture.
Length of Service of Ag Ambassadors
Expectations of Ag Ambassadors
- Ag Ambassadors serve a one-year term starting in April, immediately after being selected. After the end of each term, Ag Ambassadors are evaluated on participation and performance. If the Ag Ambassador still meets the requirements, he/she may be invited to continue for another one-year term.
- If at anytime during a term an Ag Ambassador is placed on academic probation, transfers out of the College of Agriculture, fails to participate, or behaves inappropriately, he/she will be asked to resign.
- Attend an orientation in August.
- You may be required to attend leadership development and/or other training throughout the year.
- Attend mandatory meetings every other week during the academic year on Wednesday evenings at 6:00 p.m.
- A maximum of 1 absences per semester is allowed. Absence will be excused for exams.
Academic and Personal Excellence
- Participate in Ag Ambassador activities (3-4 per month).
- Maintain a 2.5 G.P.A. or higher
- Exhibit professional conduct at all activities/events, including appropriate conversation, manner, and dress.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Ag Ambassador Program.