|2/17/2016 1:13 PM||70-30 |
|3/30/2012 10:57 AM||Quesada, Virginia||https://www2.ag.purdue.edu/oap/_catalogs/masterpage/PageLayoutTemplate.aspx|
|4/3/2012 10:16 AM||Austin, Linda A.||70-30 |
|6/18/2012 10:33 AM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|7/1/2015 11:53 AM||Austin, Linda A.||70-30 |
|3/18/2016 10:02 AM||Department Banner|
|3/30/2012 10:27 AM||https://www2.ag.purdue.edu/oap/_catalogs/masterpage/PageLayoutTemplate.aspx|
|3/30/2012 10:57 AM||https://www2.ag.purdue.edu/oap/_catalogs/masterpage/PageLayoutTemplate.aspx|
|12/23/2013 4:39 PM||70-30 |
|4/25/2016 8:31 PM||Austin, Linda A.||Body only|
|7/29/2015 10:07 AM||Haghighi, Nina||Body only|
|5/13/2014 2:03 PM||Haghighi, Nina||Body only|
|5/13/2014 2:02 PM||Haghighi, Nina||Body only|
|4/3/2012 1:17 PM||Haghighi, Nina||Body only|
|4/3/2012 1:17 PM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|10/14/2013 1:25 PM||Austin, Linda A.||Body only|
|2/6/2014 9:11 AM||Haghighi, Nina||Body only|
|3/30/2012 10:22 AM||Haghighi, Nina||https://www2.ag.purdue.edu/oap/_catalogs/masterpage/PageLayoutTemplate.aspx|
|8/3/2012 11:18 AM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|6/12/2014 9:38 AM||Austin, Linda A.||Body only|
|9/12/2012 2:47 PM||Wilson, Kenneth N||Body only|
|3/25/2014 2:47 PM||Austin, Linda A.||Body only|
|3/18/2016 9:51 AM||Austin, Linda A.||Body only|
|9/10/2015 2:01 PM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|3/30/2012 10:01 AM||Quesada, Virginia||https://www2.ag.purdue.edu/oap/_catalogs/masterpage/PageLayoutTemplate.aspx|
|4/3/2012 2:45 PM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|11/21/2012 9:56 AM||Wilson, Kenneth N||Body only|
|3/27/2014 11:24 AM||Wilson, Kenneth N||70-30 |
LinkedIn: Building a Professional Profile
Build a robust profile
Engage alumni & students
LinkedIn makes it easy to connect your school’s alumni and students together. Alumni can keep in touch with their alma mater and students can leverage alums to find opportunities in industries they’re passionate about.
|3/25/2014 2:50 PM||Austin, Linda A.||Body only|
|2/18/2013 3:46 PM||Austin, Linda A.||Body only|
Below is a list of companies currently registered to attend the 2013 Agriculture Spring Career Fair. There will be a link to the company website if provided by the organization. Updates to the list will be made weekly.
- 360 Architecture
- Advanced Ag Solutions
- Ag Source, Inc.
- AgriLogics Insurance Services, LLC
- AgReliant Genetics
- Aldi, Inc.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM)
- Bane-Welker Equipment
- Bayer CropScience
- Beacon Credit Union
- Becker Landscape Contractors
- (The) Belstra Group Farms
- Black Gold Farms
- Brickman Group
- Bruce Ewing Landscaping, Inc.
- Castongia’s, Inc.
- Chicago Meat Authority
- (The) Climate Corporation
- CNH America LLC
- Co-Alliance LLP
- Dow AgroSciences
- Dupont Pioneer
- Farm Credit Services of Mid-America
- Farm World Newspaper
- (The) Farmers Bank
- First Farmers Bank and Trust
- Gibbs & Soell
- Green Sense Farms LLC - Cancelled
- Growmark, Inc.
- Harvest Land Co-op, Inc.
- Hormel Foods Corporation
- Illinois Farm Business Farm Management Association (FBFM)
- Indiana Association of Agricultural Educators
- Indiana Pork
- Indiana State Department of Agriculture
- Indianapolis Zoo
- JBS USA LLC
- Kentucky Equine Mangement Internship (KEMI)
- Kerry Ingredients & Flavours
- Land O’Lakes, Inc. and Land O'Lakes Business Development
- Lansing Trade Group LLC
- Mainscape, Inc.
- Maple Leaf Farms, Inc.
- MGPI of Indiana, LLC
- Monsanto – Westbred
- Murphy-Brown LLC
- Pine Manor/Miller Poultry
- Plant Growth Management Systems
- Prairie Seed Company (website unavailable)
- Purdue Agriculture Study Abroad, IPIA
- Purdue Cooperative Extension Service
- Reynolds Farm Equipment
- Rose Acre Farms, Inc.
- Schaller Ag Enterprises, Inc. (website unavailable)
- Stine Seeds Company
- Sundown Gardens
- USDA Agricultural Research Service
- USDA Food Safety & Inspection Service
- ValleyCrest Companies
- Walther Farms
- Water Street Solutions
- West Liberty Foods
- Westpoint Financial Group
- YMCA Camp Tecumseh
|4/3/2012 2:53 PM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|4/3/2012 2:54 PM||Stanisz, Edward D.||Body only|
|4/3/2012 2:56 PM||Austin, Linda A.||Body only|
|2/17/2016 1:06 PM||70-30 |
|4/3/2012 3:43 PM||Haghighi, Nina||Body only|
|4/19/2012 11:37 AM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|6/12/2014 9:11 AM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|2/17/2016 1:11 PM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
College of Agriculture Career Fairs
The College of Agriculture hosts a career fair every fall and spring semester. Over 150 companies attend the fall career fair, providing students and alumni with the opportunity to learn about their organizations, submit resumes and interview for permanent or internship positions. The Career Fair is not just for graduating seniors, it is also for first year students, sophomores and juniors who are exploring career paths or internship opportunities. The Career Fair is a great way to explore careers, pick-up company information, ask questions, and network with future employers.
In the FALL, the day before the Career Fair, mark your calendars to attend the Resume Blitz held in AGAD 121, the Student Commons from 11 am to 3 pm. Company representatives will be on hand to critique your resume. The evening prior to the Fall Career Fair, we host an Employer Panel Discussion. This is an open dialogue with 8 company representatives. They disclose important information about attending the Career Fair and make you more marketable. A networking session follows the panel.
College of Agriculture Career Fairs
- College of Agriculture Fall Resume Blitz, Monday, October 3, 2016, 11:00 am to 3:00 PM, AGAD Student Commons.
- College of Agriculture Fall Employer Panel, Monday, October 3, 2016, 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm, PFEN 241, Dean's Auditorium.
- College of Agriculture Fall Career Fair - Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 9:30 am to 3:30 pm, Cordova Recreational Sports Center.
- College of Agriculture Spring Career Fair - Wednesday, February 10, 2017, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Cordova Recreational Sports Center.
Departments in the College of Agriculture Career Fairs
- Forestry & Natural Resources Career Fair, Friday, February 26, 2016 - 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, in Pfendler Hall.
Purdue Career Fairs
Various organizations at Purdue University host more than 20 career fairs every academic year. The variety of fairs provides employers with a great opportunity to target students with specific skills and academic backgrounds. The Center for Career opportunities posts the most recent career fair dates and contact information. To view upcoming career fairs please click here
College of Agriculture Fall 2016 Career Fair
Tuesday, October 4, 2016
9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
CORDOVA RECREATIONAL SPORTS CENTER
Welcome Students - mark your calendars and plan to attend!
The fair is open to all students and alumns at Purdue and Ivy Tech.
Fall 2016 Employer Information - coming in August, 2016.
Click the above link to RSVP to the Career Fair and select ten companies to review your resume. Remember to upload your resume in CCO@purdue.edu
for the companies to view.
CHECKLIST FOR CAREER FAIR!!!
Reference book for Fall 2015
The College of Agriculture is hosting a Fall Career Fair. Over 100 companies will be attending and providing recruiters the opportunity to educate students about their organizations, advertise positions and/or interview students for internships and permanent positions.
Making the Most Out of the Career Fair
CLARIFY YOUR GOALS! What do you want from the Career Fair?
- To network with professionals?
- To learn more about specific employers?
- To research the demand for someone in your field?
- To make contact with a particular organization?
- Do you want to line up an on-campus interview?
- Do you want to land an internship or full-time job?
- Check the list of currently registered employers and target companies of your interest. Research organizations ahead of time.
- Review an organization's information on their website (A link to the organization's website is provided in the above attending employer list.)
- Create a list and prioritize the organizations you are most interested in and visit their booths first.
- Prepare questions to ask that will help you obtain the information you need, in addition to showing your knowledge of the field and interest in the industry.
PREPARATION - (Prepare your commercial - learn to sell yourself in a short amount of time.
- Decide how you will introduce yourself in 30 seconds.
- Greet the recruiter with a firm handshake stating your name, major, graduation date and why you are attending the Career Fair.
- Present your resume – bring copies of your resume detailing your education, experience, skills and campus/community activities concisely. Employers recommend visiting with a CCO staff member at their office to have your resume critiqued.
- Be prepared to briefly describe your background and what you are looking for.
- Be prepared to relate your education/experience/skills to the employer's needs.
- Rehearse your commercial with a friend or advisor.
Dress for Success (make a positive impression)
- Business Etiquette
- Think conservative.
- Wear few/minimal accessories and perfume/cologne.
- For women: a suit - skirt with blazer; a conservative business dress or pant suit.
- For men: a suit or a button down shirt with tie, sport coat, nice slacks, shined shoes.
- **Please note - wear clothes that fit you - not too tight or too big!!!
Last Minute Tips
- Show up early! Some employers pack up and leave the fair early.
- Allow yourself a minimum of 1 hour to attend the fair and speak with recruiters. Lines may be long to speak with some recruiters, so be prepared to wait.
- If you don't have 1 hour, any time is better than none.
THE MAIN EVENT! 'Act Professionally and Courteously'
- Be confident, enthusiastic and polite (remember courtesy and professionalism are expected and appreciated).
- Ask questions as needed. Base the questions on your research of the organization.
- Listen and pay attention to what the recruiter is saying. This information may benefit you greatly if you receive an interview – ask good questions.
- Do not monopolize an employer's time, know when to move on if there is a line of students waiting.
- Cover letters are not necessary when you give out your resume in person. Be prepared to give a list of references or a copy of your transcript.
- Collect business cards and ask who the contact person is.
- Make notes about what you talked about with each representative; use this information in follow-up letters.
- Send thank-you letters to employers within one week after your visit or interview.
CHECK LIST OF THINGS TO BRING!
- Portfolio or large capacity folder to carry your resumes, pens, notepads, etc.
- 30-40+ copies of your resume on professional resume paper (preferably white or ivory).
- A notepad and pen for taking notes after meeting with each recruiter.
- Business Cards – It may be helpful to print business cards to present to employers. PMU Boiler CopyMaker can print business cards. Contact them for details on how they can help.
- Prepare or order a professional name badge. Name badges can be ordered through the Agribusiness Club. If interested contact Andy Oppy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Career Fair is not just for graduating students, it is for freshmen, sophomores and juniors who are exploring career paths or internship opportunities. The Career Fair is a great way to explore careers, pick-up company information and network with future employers and ask questions. The only person who can get you a job or an internship is you. Attend the Career Fair on October 4, 2016.
|9/30/2013 4:01 PM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|4/18/2014 3:10 PM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|4/4/2012 9:08 AM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|4/2/2014 3:57 PM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|4/2/2014 3:59 PM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|7/1/2015 11:18 AM||Austin, Linda A.||Body only|
|3/30/2012 10:56 AM||Austin, Linda A.||https://www2.ag.purdue.edu/oap/_catalogs/masterpage/PageLayoutTemplate.aspx|
|2/22/2016 9:41 AM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|4/4/2012 9:12 AM||Haghighi, Nina||Body only|
|4/4/2012 9:13 AM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|4/4/2012 9:13 AM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|4/4/2016 11:12 AM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|11/4/2015 5:46 AM||Haghighi, Nina||Body only|
|5/13/2014 2:06 PM||Haghighi, Nina||Body only|
|5/3/2016 11:15 AM||Haghighi, Nina||Body only|
|5/3/2016 11:22 AM||Haghighi, Nina||Body only|
|10/10/2013 11:39 AM||Quesada, Virginia||70-30 |
|4/4/2012 9:42 AM||Haghighi, Nina||Body only|
|4/4/2012 9:43 AM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|4/4/2012 9:44 AM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|3/18/2014 1:47 PM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|4/4/2012 9:47 AM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|5/3/2013 8:14 AM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|3/26/2014 4:35 PM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|6/12/2014 3:27 PM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|4/4/2012 10:10 AM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|4/4/2012 10:11 AM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|4/4/2012 10:12 AM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|3/26/2014 4:45 PM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|6/12/2014 1:45 PM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|1/9/2013 3:20 PM||Quesada, Virginia||70-30 |
|6/5/2013 11:27 AM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|4/4/2012 10:18 AM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|4/4/2012 10:18 AM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|8/11/2015 11:26 AM||Quesada, Virginia||Body only|
|4/4/2012 1:00 PM||Haghighi, Nina||Body only|
|2/4/2014 2:07 PM||Haghighi, Nina||Body only||Elbert, Kayla D|
|4/4/2012 1:02 PM||Haghighi, Nina||Body only|