Implementation, Placement & Reward
- Your final year – All your hard work (awareness, exploration, research & preparation) should really payoff!
- Remember most positions are interviewed for and offered by December Break!
- Update your MyCCO Account – If you have questions or incur problems, please contact Linda Austin at 494-8473 or contact CCO Office.
- Create or update your LinkedIn profile - Think of your LinkedIn profile as an interactive business card.
- Meet with your Departmental Career Services Coordinator and/or your Academic Advisor and review your job search strategy
- Utilize the Job Search Resources available on the college website.
- Review Business Etiquette and Interviewing Resources – college website.
- Participate in a Mock Interview - The mock interview is a way to polish your skills before you start the real interview process.
- Attend a Resume Blitz – Your resume will be critiqued by a CCO representative.
- Attend the Employer Career Panel Discussion - Evening before Fall Career Fair.
- Attend the Fall and Spring College of Agriculture Career Fair – The Career Fair is an excellent way to inquire and get on an employer’s interview schedule and build your professional career network.
- Keep a record of all of the following: positions applied for, position closing dates, interview dates/locations and contact information.
- Follow up all interviews with thank you letters
- Apply for graduate school, if desired
- Participate in Study Abroad - if you have not participated in a study abroad experience, consider the winter or spring break opportunities. Employers need global employees.
- Contact your Departmental Career Services Coordinator with your job (graduate) placement information
Congratulations and Good Luck!